Job Title: Director, Active Cosmetics Division (ACD) Category Development for La Roche Posay; CeraVe, and Vicy)
Reports to: AVP, Category Development/Education Development
Reports: Category Development team
Location: Hudson Yards, New York
In the Active Cosmetics Division, we make a difference to the lives of millions of consumers by improving the health and beauty of their skin, through every stage of life. Our brands (CeraVe, SkinCeuticals, La Roche Posay, Vichy and Dermablend) lead the way in skin care innovation, offering safe and effective products and services that deliver their promises. We invest heavily in research and development, and co-create our products with health professionals, scientists and the 90,000 dermatologists we serve around the world. We also design connected beauty experiences, harnessing intelligent technologies to empower people to take control of their skin health.
Our mission is to make a positive impact on peoples lives. We are driven by human values of trust, respect and authenticity. Our teams work in a dynamic, supportive environment and work on meaningful projects that are changing the future of medical beauty. If you want to lead in innovation, technology and research, and you care about collaborating with passionate colleagues, serving communities and acting for the planet, please join us!
The Director of Category Development, under the guidance of AVP, Category Development is responsible for leading the DSC category team to leverage shopper insights and category analysis to establish strategies and enhance the shopping experience to accelerate the growth of dermatological skincare and our brands. Develop and execute the dermatological skincare category across all channels and touchpoints
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead the strategic vision and development of the Category Development team
- Manage a team of Category Managers
- Build and maintain true understanding of market trends and omni-channel category insights
- Partner with DSC Sales team and Retailers in developing strategic account objectives and executional plans
- Be the insights expert, ensure team usage of all category and shopper tools, such as Nielsen, NielsenIQ, Market360, Retailer loyalty systems and external market research (ex. Kantar, Kline, Mintel).
- Attend high-level customer engagement meetings in partnership with sales to present ACD as category expert and thought leader
- Lead development of holistic solutions that advance all pillars of traditional category management (space & assortment, category insights, in-store merchandising, etc.), and works through team to implement across our retail customer base
- Empower, support and develop talent as the next generation of leaders
- Strengthens the quality of the team through capability development, talent management, succession planning and recruiting
- Exhibit constant sense of curiosity, highly motivated to gain insight/understanding of business and proactively comes up with opportunities/recommendations to move the business forward.
- Consistently aspires to bring additional sophistication, improvement & efficiency to the analysis of the DSC business.
- Oversee the development and distribution of standard reporting.
- Requires a national perspective of the consumer-packaged goods and beauty industry as well as experience in the mass retail environment
- Requires strategic thinking skills, creative and original in terms of new or improved methods, procedures or ideas regarding processes. Responsible for all assigned projects and objectives; works in collaboration with all internal departments and Field Sales.
- Performance based on meeting the organization’s objectives and schedules. Ability to handle multiple projects at one time and meet required deadlines.
- Contact with Field sales and direct account interaction as well as marketing managers, sales operations managers and other related functions and departments within New York. This position will provide contact and interaction with senior leadership.
- Manage a diverse team in multiple off-site locations; Can manage client relationships to maximize our business investments; Shows strong ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize team efforts; Must think strategically and work independently while collaborating with team and supervisor
- 5+ years of experience working with data in the fields of category management, category leadership, or shopper insights
- Understands and can use multiple data sources effectively to analyze business opportunities
- Strong financial acumen with business analysis and experience
- Ability to develop strong cultures, team identities and lead groups of individuals and manage cross-functional coordination
- Demonstrated data-driven decision making and the ability to translate complex data into actions and improvements
- Working knowledge of syndicated data (e.g., Nielson, IRI or NPD)
- Well versed in digital analytics and know how to measure and read the performance of digitally focused businesses
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective Business Communication written and oral skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Persuasive Presentation skills (visual and oral story telling)
- Industry knowledge
- Problem Solving
- Strategic Thinking
- Self-motivated and directed
- Able to balance internal and external customer demands
- Ability to perform under pressure within tight deadlines
- Advanced computer skills in excel and PowerPoint
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.