Director/AVP, Learning Experience Designer, Expertise
People Development & Learning Team:
On the People Development & Learning team, we grow people to grow the business. Our business is constantly evolving, and this team is at the heart of the transformation – providing our employees’ opportunities to realize their potential by developing skills of the future, and behaviors to transform the way we work.
What You’ll Do:
The person in this role is responsible for designing the learner experience for our professional capabilities and skills development learning offer, equipping employees with the expertise needed to excel in their role, grow their careers, and drive the business. This role will report into the VP, Business Capabilities on the People Development & Learning team.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
Design & Manage the Expertise Learning Offer:
- Design and facilitate learning programs in the US that vary from large scale (125 person events) to smaller intimate programs (15-30 people) in an online and offline environment.
- Ensure offer reflects L'Oreal USA priorities and L'Oreal Global Learning standards of excellence. Liaise with International Learning team to align on global vision and share US best practices and adapt global content to meet local market needs.
- Manage and upskill our squad of internal facilitators; build and manage a roster of external consultants to deliver programs with the support of a Learning Producer.
- Oversee budget planning and tracking.
Identify New Opportunities to Grow Learning Offer:
- Meet regularly with business leaders and HR stakeholders to understand their key business priorities and ensure content is adapted to support the strategic business goals and address skill gaps across the organization.
- Research, vet, and build relationships with top consultants, agencies and universities to support the ongoing digital transformation and deep expertise for specialists; brief partners on L’Oréal culture and needs.
- Using a data driven approach, develop and communicate a vision for the Expertise portfolio: 3-year plan and annual strategy.
- Identify new and creative opportunities to develop our employees through needs/data analysis, course design and delivery.
Required Skills and Experience:
We are looking for someone who can identify and engage key stakeholders, assess the needs of the business and our learners, manage through conflict, drive projects in a structured and detail-oriented manner, use data to measure success, and negotiate and secure appropriate resources.
- Undergraduate degree
- 7+ years of experience with a large, complex organization is desired, specifically in HR / Learning
- Verbal and Written Communication Skills: is able to communicate a message in an engaging and inspiring way
- Analytical Skills & Data Analysis: is able to perform data analysis and create story around data; must be proficient in Excel (VLOOKUP, pivot tables, etc.)
- Facilitation & Presentation Skills: is confident presenting in front of both large and small audiences and managing group dynamics. Previous facilitation experience is preferred.
- Project Management Expertise: is able to set goals, manage timelines across multiple simultaneous projects and execute with excellence
- People Management & Influence: is able to manage through influence
- Collaboration: is able to engage cross functional partners to drive towards shared objectives, work closely with other Learning team members to share best practices and ensure high quality program delivery
- Learning Practice: is able to demonstrate knowledge of adult learning principles and L&D best practices and trends (preferred)
- Demonstrates business acumen.
- Desire to work in a flexible, agile environment.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly evolving and changing priorities and manage complexity; resilient and flexible.
- Capable of performing effectively in complex situations with limited guidance.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, demonstrating resourcefulness and drive.
- Results oriented and ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Technical aptitude, including proficiency in MS Office
This summary describes the general nature of work to be performed and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of an incumbent in this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.