P2P Director - Accounts Payable Operations
L’Oreal North America Business Service Center– St. Petersburg, FL
The Director of Accounts Payable Operations reports directly into the AVP of Accounts Payable. This person is responsible for overseeing the operational tasks of Accounts Payable North America Team to ensure services are delivered on target and meet Group standards.
The Director of Accounts Payable is the key point of contact for both external stakeholders (e.g. Vendors) and internal stakeholders (e.g. Merchants, Logistics, other Finance teams, Vendor Relations, etc.) to address operational concerns or issues in a timely manner. They must demonstrate a high degree of customer orientation to meet the needs of internal customers and business partners. They will be responsible for the overall quality of service delivery from AP to the organization, including acting as an escalation point to resolve and correct any issues / concerns raised by either internal customers or external vendors. This role will also form an integral part of the Business Service Center leadership team in providing insights into process improvement initiatives.
- Accountable for the overall operational success of the Accounts Payable team.
- Responsible for managing multiple people managers and being able to deliver results through leaders.
- Responsible for overseeing the processing a large volume of transaction on the SAP Fusion, SAP WISE and SAP Canada platforms.
- Responsible for overseeing the Accounts Payable function to ensure the team is operating efficiently and vendors are paid timely and accurately.
- Manage the AP/Purchasing link required to ensure the 3-way match process is fully functional and controls are in place.
- Understand each business segment to ensure existing policies and procedures are managed correctly and best practices are employed.
- Implement practical solutions to problems.
- Perform special projects and coordinate with shared services teams and Central Team to gain departmental efficiencies
- Establish, monitor and analyze department key performance metrics.
- Project lead for significant AP process improvement, compliance, and other ad hoc initiatives
- Partner on the creation of cross functional plans with Purchasing, Sourcing and Factories to address opportunities and problems.
Leadership & coaching
• Manages, develops, recruits talent
• Develop strategies to attract and retain a highly skilled and engaged workforce
• Motivates staff through specific initiatives (e.g. improvement projects, team events
- Conduct performance evaluations of staff
- Create a diverse work environment that facilitates teamwork and open communication
- Assist team managers in setting performance measurement procedures for all employees (including objective setting, appraisal, and personal development plans)
- Embodies SIMPLICITY values:
- Problem solving together is the new meeting behavior
- Consumer satisfaction
- Able to communicate well within the local and global organization.
- Work well with peer teams to advise on accounting issues and enforce compliance with accounting standards and processes.
- Promote knowledge sharing across the BSC
- Responsible for reporting controls
- Meet reporting deadlines, be accountable for Reporting KPIs and performance dashboards
- Identify areas of needed improvement and manage process change efforts
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field
- 9-15 years of related work experience required managing a large-scale accounts payable team
- 5+ years of related work experience required managing leaders of people
- SAP experience desirable
- Demonstrated ability to lead, challenge and positively influence teams, including coaching, development and performance management in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Understanding of experience with complex accounting, internal controls, financial systems, and processes.
- Direct experience with annual audits.
- Superior communication skills (written and verbal) including a proven ability to engage with senior executives (both within Accounting, Finance as well as more broadly within the organization)
- Must be able to lead, manage, and motivate a diverse staff
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills; business acumen; leadership skills; oral and written communication skills; and excellent interpersonal skills
- Commitment to delivering quality results and overcoming obstacles and challenges in a time sensitive environment
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Consumer products company background preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.