Job Title: Director, Amazon Project Manager – LUXE Digital Accelerator
Division: Luxury Products Division
Location: New York, NY – Hudson Yards Office
Reports To: VP, Head of Amazon – LUXE Digital Accelerator
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Luxe our mission is to provide our consumers the best products and brand experience by making it unique. Our portfolio is composed of 14 highly aspirational and multi-expert luxury such as Lancôme, Yves Saint Laurent, Giorgio Armani, KIEHL’S, URBAN DECAY, IT COSMETICS and YOUTH TO THE PEOPLE as well as lifestyle and couture brands such as RALPH LAUREN, MAISSON MARGIELA, AZZARO, VALENTINO, PRADA, VIKTOR & ROLF AND MUGLER.
What You Will Do:
The role of Director, Amazon Project Manager will plan and oversee projects to ensure they are completed in a timely fashion and within budget. The project manager role will scope the project to meet business needs and objectives, keep the cross-functional team focused on the priority activities, and meeting goals for launch timing effectively and efficiently. Scope will include identifying key workstreams, creating timelines, coordinating resources, preparing budgets, monitor progress, and ensure the projects are delivered on time. This role is the go-to person for everything involving the organization and timeline for the project.
This role drives collaboration and influences multiple levels of leadership to execute on the following key deliverables.
Job Duties and Accountabilities
- Own and drive end to end delivery of cross functional team projects, manage priorities, timelines, and deliverables
- Track progress, identify and resolve dependencies, mitigate risks, and communicate status to team
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within scope and within budget
- Develops, defines, and executes project plans, project scope, activities, schedules, budgets, and deliverables
- Coordinate and collaborate with internal teams to estimate efforts, define milestones, and facilitate delivery
- Manage timelines, project plan workflow and deliverables with cross-functional teams such as creative, supply chain, operations, IT, etc.
- Communicates the current state of the project in cross functional team meetings to discuss status, identify risks and facilitate decision
- Collaborates with cross functional teams to identify and mitigate risks and facilitate / problem solve with the team
- Monitor and report on project status regularly, ensuring that all critical milestones are met
- Lead and moderate regularly scheduled cross-functional team meetings capturing notes, next steps, and decision points
- Present project status to executive audiences
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques
Key Challenges, Issues and Complexity
This individual is an analytical problem solver and has strong communication skills. This person will own and manage the Amazon projects and is accountable for setting targets for milestones and adhering to deadlines. This role will require a demonstrated ability to manage multiple cross functional projects and it requires continuous interaction within a matrixed business structure (Marketing, CDMO, GM, Finance, Operations, IT) to coordinate work and deliver objectives.
This individual has strong time management and prioritization skills, with the ability to juggle multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, often-changing environment. This individual is also a proactive problem-solver, with the ability to anticipate obstacles and quickly generate alternate solutions/ideas.
Responsible for owning and delivering projects on time while meeting budget
Coordinate with vendors
What We Are Looking For:
- College Degree
- 4+ years’ experience in project management working in ecommerce (Amazon is ideal but not required)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Beauty industry experience preferred but not required
- Experience working with multiple functional areas such as: creative, operations, supply chain, ecommerce, IT, etc.
- Deep understanding of the eCommerce ecosystem - both technical and business aspects
- Demonstrated strength in communication and influencing skills; not only written and verbal, but also in the engagement of internal and external business partners
- Highly collaborative across different stakeholders in a matrixed environment
- Open to new ideas and actively builds networks to achieve goals
- Self-motivated, results and solution oriented, strategic thinker
- Experience successfully running cross-functional team projects and managing timelines priorities, and deliverables
- Experience in identifying challenges or risks and facilitating solutions with the team
- Ability to lead and conduct meetings with attendees across all business functions and levels effectively
- Exceptional communication, organization, leadership, and people skills
- Ability to successfully perform in a fast-paced environment, tracking multiple projects
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Strong attention to detail
- Advanced Degrees
- Relevant Industry Certifications
What’s In It For You:
- Salary Range: $139,700-$199,100 (The actual compensation will depend on a variety of job-related factors which may include geographic location, work experience, education, and skill level)
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.