Job Title: Director of Brand Engagement, YSL Beauty, L’Oréal LUXE
Division: L’OREAL Luxe
Location: NY, 10 Hudson Yards, New York, NY 10001
Reports To: AVP Consumer Connection, YSL Beauty, L’Oréal LUXE
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Luxe our mission is to provide our consumers the best products and brand experience by making it unique. Our portfolio is composed of 14 highly aspirational and multi-expert luxury such as Lancôme, Yves Saint Laurent, Giorgio Armani, KIEHL’S, URBAN DECAY, IT COSMETICS and YOUTH TO THE PEOPLE as well as lifestyle and couture brands such as RALPH LAUREN, MAISSON MARGIELA, AZZARO, VALENTINO, PRADA, VIKTOR & ROLF AND MUGLER.
What You Will Do:
The Brand Engagement Director (BEL) will enrich YSL Beauty’s passion and spirit for makeup, fragrance and skincare, scaling the brand further in the consumer mindset through earned/owned strategies across social/digital. The candidate will fuel YSL Beauty’s fearless brand image and will have an obsession for pushing the boundaries in beauty through communications and beyond. A self-starter, with a strategic POV, who brings people together in the name of dreaming boldly.
Connecting A&I, Muse, Cause, Community Management, PR, and Eventing together with a team of 4, the Brand Engagement Director is responsible for creating a cohesive consumer experience through all earned/owned touchpoints for the brand in the US. Analyzing data to fuel strategies, diving into trends, creating viral campaigns & increasing earned word of mouth will be critical priorities for this role.
A positive team leader with a collaborative mindset, this person will lead a team of 4 and will support their growth, function and development. This talent will also work with cross-functional partners (marketing, CAL, D2C, CRM, etc.) to bring YSL’s important image-building efforts with relevant messaging to life in robust 360-perspectives, creating brand love at scale for new consumers.
Key roles & responsibilities include:
- Lead muse/ VIP relations to drive brand visibility, press buzz, media value and virality with US local Muses and support DMI with US initiatives for global spokes
- Support YSL’s PR / communication efforts to ensure strong coverage around launches / pillars / hallmarks, with a focus on ePr
- Continue to perfect YSL’s advocacy & influence practice through impressive viral influencer campaigns at scale, strong talent relationships, driving the brand’s A&I SOV and market share alongside the A&I the team
- Support US eventing efforts, to drive brand’s edgy image and social virality, alongside the community manager, building a collective vision to life that increases organic brand love and conversation volume
- Foster stronger makeup artistry through trend programs and a MUA collective that drives brand and product superiority, enriching the brand’s strategy
- Deepen and scale cause marketing efforts to reach & win new consumers through brand purpose and sustainability
- Drive retailer centricity by scaling existing creator programs and productions to further fuel retailer programs, alongside internal stakeholders (A&I team, sales, marketing, CALs, media & global) to provide best-in-class experiences for consumers both on and offline
- Bring an analytical approach to all Communication efforts, fueling existing strategies further with data-driving tactics and insights, using LUSA’s internal measurement programs
Experience, Competencies and Physical Requirements:
- +8 years of beauty or consumer goods communications and social media experience.
- People management skills are critical
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in communications, marketing or business.
- Strong budgeting experience required
- Strong communication, collaboration and team building skills.
- Strong time & project management skills, with the ability to prioritize competing demands across three categories (makeup, fragrance and skincare).
- Increased executive presence and leadership skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft applications including PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs
- Ability to travel when needed
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in communications, marketing, business or related field
- 10+ years’ experience in social media, community management, and content creation for a brand (in-house or agency)
- Skincare experience and interest in fields related to health, beauty and dermatology strongly preferred
- Self-starter able to adapt quickly to changes in priorities and problem-solve
- Able to prioritize and manage time effectively, and to balance competing demands and priorities in a very fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent written skills and ability to write in a medical tone of voice preferred
- KPI reporting/analysis experience required
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft applications including PowerPoint, Word and Excel required. Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite InDesign, Photoshop a plus
- Advanced proficiency on social platforms (Instagram, Facebook Ad Manager, Twitter, Pinterest, Tik Tok and YouTube) required
- Proficiency in social-media management platforms a plus (Sprinklr, Trackrr, Netbase etc…)
Salary Range: $139,700 - $199,100 (The actual compensation will depend on a variety of job-related factors which may include geographic location, work experience, education, and skill level)
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.