Job Title Director, Operations Development, Color & Artwork, Professional Products Division
Division: Professional Products Division
Location: Clark, New Jersey
Reports Into: Assistant Vice President, L'Oréal Operations Development, Professional Products Division
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Operations, we create innovative, inclusive, and sustainable beauty together with our business partners by designing, developing, sourcing, manufacturing, and distributing over 6 billion products globally every year. We support over 36 brands across four L’Oréal divisions. We are consumer-oriented, and we act responsibly all along the value chain.
At L'Oréal Professional Products Division, we have more than 110 years to define the present and shape the future of professional beauty. We are an open space for innovation and technology while we take care of the planet, creating more hope and less waste, we create as unique experiences in every channel, just as unique as you are as you are. We are the cutting edge. If you are passionate about beauty, technology and sustainability; motivated by data, disruptive, creative and a great team player.
What You Will Do:
- Lead, support and develop the Color and Artwork division initiatives.
- Make sure the team performs under the proper activities, practices, and processes (team of 8, 3 full-time and long-term contractors).
- Build strong collaboration with cross functional partners.
- Develop technical mindset and secure the fundamentals to increase the accountability of C&A Role
- Transversality within division and cross divisions to leverage decoration expertise and drive efficiency
- Deep connection with Packaging heads to secure the overall consistency of Packaging definition
- Support C&A Managers to solve major decoration issues
- Translate consumer packaging studies & trends into innovative decoration for the brands
- Anticipate potential risks on timing or conception, align with Development and Packaging on action plan.
- Drives decoration and color development following sustainability rules to achieve the group sustainable commitments
- Systematically follow “Risk Elevation Process” and elevate appropriately to key operational partners.
- Manage Artwork activities, Pre-press agency relationship and division launches budget
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Packaging Engineering or a related technical discipline is required
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience in proven package development project work/quality experience, preferably in the cosmetics, consumer goods or related field is required
- 3-5 years of experience leading a team and people management is required
- Ability to translate complex information into comprehensive content for others.
- Analytical thought process to problem solve creatively and strategically.
- Critical yet optimistic mindset to drive continual improvement.
- Strong working knowledge on MS Office, Microsoft Project, and Power BI
- Basic knowledge of AI - ChatGPT
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time, permanent, ongoing basis, without the need for sponsorship now or in the future.
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 days in Office, up to 2 days Work From Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning and Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.