Oversee the divisional color and artwork management team responsible for delivery of timely and cost effective decoration of new product launches and maintenance of basic business activities. Lead new and improved color & artwork processes that will result in effective cost reduction / harmonization programs for new or existing products.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- TEAM MANAGEMENT
- Oversee the Divisional C&A developers, coordinator, artwork business lead and APM’s
- Develop strong relationship with artwork agency to meet business and operational expectations (on-time and ‘right the first time’)
- Cascade, support, and implement C&A vision to team
- Cultivate strong collaborative relationships with Product Development, Packaging, and Supply Chain
- Strengthen C&A community through transparency, vision, and collaboration
- CORE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the execution of Color Matching activities for all components.
- Ensure that the team is owning the C&A deliverables in accordance to the validated timeline
- Anticipate and elevate blocking points to ensure meeting deadlines and or major launches
- Drive Division + Operations + Vendors Adherence to key dates
- Communication to and alignment with Development of dates when they move
- Foster extrapolation in Homologation and Compatibility, through discussions with technical teams but also, while discussing conception with Brand Development and Marketing
- Anticipate potential risks in regards to timing or conception, align with Development and Packaging on action plan
- Systematically follow “Risk Elevation Process” and elevate appropriately to key operational partners
- Provide recommendation for cost effective and improved flexibility decoration at QCP
- Develop decoration solutions aimed to improve flexibility, profitability and reduce slow movers and obsoletes
- Reinforcing awareness of impact of decisions made on development spending Industrial Budget (production color sample costs, on-site press approvals)
- Ensure teams are using all extrapolation, homologations, color approval and proofs approved are completed and met on time for SPEC issuance (ie made in statements, label claim)
- Knowledge of supplier capability in anticipation of the pre-QCP/QCP
- Participate /Lead-decoration portion in QCP meetings with Brand Development and provide advice to respect project complexity and minimize Time to Market
- Ensure no first reception rejections due to missing color standards and panoplies
- Complete risk analysis on decoration briefs
- Contribute to the new artwork tool implementation
- Ensure team is utilizing digital tools
- Accelerate digital printing (personalization, late differentiation)
- Support the implementation of Elixpedia
- Ensure the aesthetic consistency
- Be consumer centric and aware of consumer insights
- Propose the highest perceived value decoration at the lowest cost
- Respect confidentiality of launches
- P&L MINDSET:
- DIGITAL: EFFICIENT TOOLS
- PERCEIVED VALUE INNOVATION
- PROTECT CONSUMERS AND DATA
- FINANCIALS & BUDGET MANAGEMENT – oversee the management of the Industrial Budget. Work closely with the brand finance teams, marketing, packaging and sourcing to manage the allocated budget.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
- Minimum 5 years experience in proven package development project work/quality experience, preferably in the cosmetics, consumer goods or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Packaging Engineering or a related technical discipline a plus
- Travel to vendors and plants will be a requirement (10-15% of time)
- Proficient PC skills – Excel / Powerpoint and Esko System.
- Proficient communication skills (written & verbal), to be able to deal effectively with all levels of our organization AND our suppliers.
- Good organizational skills to manage the documentation, materials and information.
- Assume Leadership role of Artwork for Métier and special projects as needed.
- Develop and maintain a professional knowledge of new or emerging trends and technologies.
- Must be team oriented and able to create strong relationships with all cross functional partners
- Creative (DMI + US)
- Marketing staff (DMI teams & U.S. Marketing )
- Middle Management Levels, AVP, VP and Senior VP DMI and US Marketing Management
- Manufacturing staff (Manufacturing – MSL, Logistics, Purchasing and UP)
- Technical development teams (Packaging & International Development)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.