Job Description Form
Job Title: Director – Creative, Digital Video Content (PPD US DMIs)
Function: Creative (DMI)
Supervisor Title: VP – Creative Brands
Location: Terminal Stores - 606 W 28th Street New York, NY 10001
Responsible for establishing, expressing and implementing the creative vision for the brand through various digital mediums always ensuring that brand identity is maintained. Responsible for the digital creative output of PPD US DMI brand, under the direction of the VP – Creative. Will concept, direct, and assist in the execution of all DMI digital creative assets within assigned brand. Working closely with the Brand Lead, Pod Leads and VP - Creative, ensure all executions adhere to the established DMI brand charter.
Section 3: Job Requirements
- College degree (BFA, BA, or AAS) in visual arts or other creative fields preferred. High school diploma required.
- 7+ years creative or related field experience, preferably with beauty industry.
- 5+ years Art Direction experience (managing and directing 1-3 Jr. Designers)
- Must have editing and photo shoot management experience. This role will execute all digital assets for the brand including but not limited to e-retail, video, billboards in motion, gifs, etc. Experience creating digital assets is required. Skills editing video with after effects also required .
- Proven experience in creating a consistent and comprehensive brand expression across multiple digital platforms required. Experience in print, retail and other mediums is a plus.
- Exceptional knowledge of all social media channels and content that performs best within each required. This includes understanding of metrics and performance measures
- Proven experience in creative design for global brands required
- Ability to articulate clear business direction and strategies; to motivate and inspire creative team. Also, to liaise between different departments, participate in senior level management discussions and facilitate the creative process at all levels.
- Candidate must have thorough knowledge of the creative process, including practical implementation, in order to effectively gauge workloads and deadline expectations.
- Financial acumen to manage budgets for category specific creative executions (photoshoots, video production, etc)
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong ability to plan and proactively anticipate project needs
- Ability to make quick decisions, problem solve and multi-task
- Strong execution, leadership and consensus building/decision making skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required to effectively manage relationships with diverse international internal and external contacts
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Exceptional craftsmanship skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative suite (MAC-based)
- Computer literacy on Windows, iOS, MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to travel domestically periodically (max. 25%).
- Knowledge of the fashion and beauty business preferred
- Multiple language skills are a plus.
Section 4: Judgment and Decision Making
This position requires limited supervision. An ideal candidate will work autonomously to complete projects and assignments as well as work cross functionally to achieve short and long-term brand objectives.
Section 5: Essential Physical Requirements
Office based role with long periods of sitting and computer work. Minimal physical activities, lifting up to 25lbs. required occasionally. Travel required up to 25% as well.
Section 6: Financial Scope
Annual Budget Responsibility: $
Annual Revenue Responsibility: $
Section 7: Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Briefly describe 5-8 primary duties/responsibilities of the job. Please list these duties in order of importance and include the percentage of time spent or required for each activity
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
% of time spent.
Total should = 100%
- In conjunction with the Category Pod Lead and Creative Leads, support PPD US DMI’s brand identity and translate it throughout the entire creative process
- Oversee pod creative output and production in terms of advertising image (trade and consumer print), copywriting, packaging design and artwork, merchandising, display, sales promotion, and education and training materials.
- Manage product photography and retouching; promotional display graphics; point of sale materials
- Direct design and copy across pod to maintain brand consistency, including image, brand name, voice, video, etc..
- Manage outside vendors when necessary, including briefing, quality control, timing and budgeting.
- In alignment with the Digital partners, responsible for the direction of all agile content creation for PPD US DMI’s global social channels, as well as Axis educational content within my assigned categories.
- Working closely with the Packaging AD, responsible for the creative direction and execution of all packaging specific photoshoots.
- Responsible for the direction and execution of over-arching DMI
brand communication materials and assets (ie product guides, style
guide/brand book evolution, educational brochures, and non-category specific video content).
Section 8: Required Competencies:
- Puts the consumer as the central focus
- Challenges the status quo and strives for excellence
- Innovates beyond the product
- Seizes what is just starting and opens new ventures
- Builds a shared vision and strategic frame
- Creates strategic scenarios for growth
- Leads transformation by aligning organization and human capabilities
- Demonstrates sound-judgement in decision-making
- Takes accountability with courage and transparency
- Builds and manages a consumer/customer centric organization
- Gives space for initiatives and enables teams to take risks
- Delivers with integrity both sustainable and short term results
- Fosters a climate of trust and constructive confrontation
- Develops collective performance of the team
- Enhances transversal co-operation
- Actively networks for effective stakeholder management
5. People Developer
- Treats all individuals in a respectful and consistent manner
- Leverages diversity
- Stimulates learning
- Empowers and develops individuals to contribute to their best
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.