Director– Customer Supply Chain
Director, Customer Supply Chain
VP- Customer Supply Chain
This position is responsible for supporting key Supply Chain and Commercial initiatives for CVS. The individual will interact and partner with multiple Supply Chain, Operations, Customer Care, and Sales sub-functions as well as have regular direct interaction and collaboration with the customer. Role supports immediate effective & efficient functioning of service/supply chain as well as leads longer-term initiatives focused around maximizing instocks, OTIF, consumption, shipments, forecast accuracy/collaboration, shortage reductions, and returns. Significant amount of analytical and technical responsibilities to effectively track & analyze large amounts of dynamic data; create regular reporting that drives from information and data to actionable insights that improve supply chain performance.
- 10+ years experience in FMCG Supply Chain or equivalent. At least 2+ years in a customer-facing lead role.
- Interact effectively, including strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Demonstrated analytical approach to management of supply chain interface between L’Oreal and the customer.
- Ability to influence e2e Supply Chain and other functions across reporting lines.
- Proven ability to structure and conduct supply chain analyses with particular emphasis on customer collaborative results.
- Effective in motivating and developing talent
- History of engaging and leading high performing teams while actively developing talent pipeline.
- Traveling to Rhode Island required at least once per month.
- Optimize the flow of qualitative and quantitative information between L’Oreal USA and the retailer, thereby improving planning and forecasting processes.
- Build strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate customer-centric communication by playing central role between Commercial team, retailer, and e2e Operations.
- Drive improved customer-centric SC metrics including OTIF and shortages.
- Develop roadmap for L’Oreal SC to become strategic partner of choice.
- Use all available resources to drive e2e Supply Chain to be customer centric in formulation of plans (launches, promos) and execution (OTIF, accuracy, OSA).
- Bring value to S&OP process via customer forecasting insights.
- Gain comprehensive knowledge of customer and competitor supply chains and use this to drive real strategic partnerships.
- Support Sales in driving successful JBP.
- Attract, develop and upgrade talent to build best-in-class supply chain function.
- Understand customer’s portfolio needs and engage Supply to deliver to expectation.
- Optimize Supply Chain efficiencies.
- Acts/ Leads with Human Sensitivity- Demonstrates respect, develops others (i.e. explains strategic objectives and the meaning of projects) and enriches team dynamics (i.e. motivates the team to work with diverse personalities and cultures)
- Displays Sensitivity to Our “Métier”- Focuses on quality, builds knowledge of the beauty business and understands beauty
- Demonstrates Entrepreneurship- takes initiative (i.e demonstrates resourcefulness). Focuses on customers, improves performance (i.e improves work processes to save time & resources) develops a vision
- Innovates- Shows curiosity, imagines creative solutions generating business value, promotes team creativity (i.e. participates in creative controversy using insightful questioning)
- Achieves Results with Integrity- Conveys energy, focuses on results (i.e accelerates multiple tasks to meet deadlines) and act with integrity.
- Manages Complexity-Reasons from multiple perspectives (i.e. analyzes issues by combining listening, observation, reasoning and common sense) and makes decisions (i.e. finds solutions when facing dilemmas)
- Interacts Effectively- Listens and communicates effectively (i.e. presents confidently and convinces others) and actively networks
- Operations: Customer Service; Inventory Management; Demand Planning; Deduction Resolution; Physical Execution; Transportation
- Sales team: CTLs, NAMs
- Multifunctional: Commercial Finance, Commerical Planning
- Customer’s Supply Chain and Inventory/Merchandising/Category Management
Measures of Success
- Deliver OTIF target (as defined by customer)
- ISA measurement and improvement.
- Advantage Survey scores
- Shipment and consumption target achievement
- E2e SC metrics for customer (lead time, order errors, fill rate, transport, no-scans)
- Team 360° feedback; Advantage/ Kantar scores; Retailer scorecard
Please Note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.