L'Oreal USA, Research & Innovation
New York, NY
DIRECTOR, MARKET DATA INTELLIGENCE
Strategic role in our Direction of Innovation team, very skilled at data analytics, extracting insights and building category foresight from manipulating databases. This role, as part of The Direction Innovation (DI) team of L’Oreal USA’s Research and Innovation (R&I) department, provides market intelligence, insights, trend tacking and forecasting to inform and frame the innovation roadmaps and programs that feed the entire L’Oréal portfolio of 35+ skin, hair and makeup beauty brands.
This role works hand in hand with US DI and both a global and local internal and external ecosystem of Market data analysts, social and competitive intelligence experts. The ecosystem expands to labs, category managers as well as marketers. The role supports innovation by providing market innovation insights and foresights and helps to transform those insights into game-changing innovation opportunities. The Market Data Intelligence expert will bring a strong vision and passion for innovation, analytics, strategy, collaboration and high impact work.
We are seeking a new team member who thrives on market "intelligence-to-innovation” to be an integral part of the US Direction Innovation team.
RESPONSIBILITIES: US market insight, foresight and social intelligence
- Analyze social listening and the US competitive landscape across all retail channels e.g., Bricks & Mortar, eCommerce, Social Selling, Catalog, Professionals (Salons, Derms, Spas) and extract key strategic insights and foresights.
- Create Market Overviews of a Brand or category of products that includes total omnichannel sales data across platforms.
- Analyzing trends in claims, formats, SKUs, ingredients, etc.
- Tagging data and identifying new ways to merge data sets.
- Preparing clear, data-driven POVs and PPT presentations.
- Creating simple dashboards.
- Liaising day-to-day with labs, DI/CMI and CDMO Market Intelligence & Social Listening teams.
- Curate and select best in class / new tools and partners to deliver strategic Market insight/ foresight and social intelligence .
- Manage proactively the work with external partners and consultants .
- Answer ad-hoc requests (e.g., what is the size of the lip plumping market?) from the DI team and R&I labs
- At least 5+ years in market insights
- Strategic analysis of quantitate and qualitative research (data)
- Consolidation of various researches into learning (insightful summaries); synthetize multiple data sets into one cohesive story
- Build and analyze surveys
- Curate and create highly impactful presentations of insights (articulate, strategic, self-motivated)
- Navigate, merge, concatenate and analyze for insights:
- Nielsen sales data base
- NPD sales data base
- Kline sales data base
- MINTEL / GNPD sales data base
- eCommerce sales data bases (Rakuten & Profitero)
- Merge databases (e.g., cross a CDC table with a Suzy survey table)
- Create pivot tables in EXCEL (mastery of EXCEL)
- Build simple dashboards in Power BI, and use Power BI dashboards
- Build insights reports from their analysis in PPT (Make charts, Tableau is ideal)
- Conduct social listening & analyze social listening data (training on Social Listening tools will be provided, e.g., Netbase, Consumer Loop)
- Collaborate with CDMO Market Intelligence & Social Listening partners
- Manage external Data Analytics vendors/partners (e.g., Radius, Redslim, SalesForce)
- Ideally, beauty junkie (passion for Beauty / Knowledge about the category)
- High attention to detail
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.