Luxury Products Division (LUXE)
Location: Eastern United States (remote) or New York City, New York
Director, eRetail for Designer Fragrances
Designer Fragrances is a group within the L’Oréal Luxe Division at L’Oréal USA. DF has a luxurious portfolio of fragrance and beauty brands: the beauty brand Valentino Beauty and our fine fragrances Ralph Lauren, Azzaro, Maison Martin Margiela, Atelier Cologne, Prada, Viktor&Rolf, Valentino and Mugler. Designer Fragrances has an exciting opportunity as a Director - Retailer.com with our National Accounts team in NY, NY.
Role and Responsibility
This role is tasked with partnering with key retailers to strategize and execute digital media activations that meets the business and campaign objective(s). Ensure flawless execution to meet com-sales target every month, improve product rank, and acquire new consumers to the brand. Manage the processes from start to finish, working with counterparts and cross-functional teams to maximize performance. Specifically, this role is responsible for working with retailer media and marketing retailer counterparts to ensure the best execution of our brand investments. Plan content calendars around each retailers schedules, working with the marketing department to obtain assets further in advance to ensure that the online retailer accounts receive everything unique to their requirements. Maintain the product assortments on all retailers’ sites to make sure that all offer the newest products in a timely manner and delete/remove those which are no longer available. Work with all NADs and FVPs on side by side calendars, and all requirements to synchronize online/offline efforts and avoid conflicts between retailers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
- 5-7 years of experience in web production for eCommerce a plus
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Full omni-channel mentality and customer-centric background
- Attention to detail and customer-service orientation
- Ability to work in a team, in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Communicates clearly and succinctly in both oral and written forms
- Sales and Promotional planning and KPI driven
- Proactive and results oriented thinker, demonstrates strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Highly analytical, solid experience in pulling, mining, and synthesizing data into stories
- Experience in summarizing / communicating findings via reports and presentations
- Strong expertise in setting up and managing media campaigns, knowledge of display and some experience in search
- Strong knowledge of current web design trends and techniques, and a strong online portfolio displaying user-centered design
- Strong understanding of the Digital and Beauty Industry
Judgement and Decision Making
Manage a digital budget of >$15M to fully meet a sales plan of ~$100M covering multiple brands and accounts.
Determine the right balance of promotion to build the business, achieving a high ROI. Develop compelling unique online promotions, exclusive to the retailer sites, and manage sample programs uniquely for each site’s needs, negotiating the space and visibility with the retailers in advance.
- Strategize, plan and review results of online marketing promotional calendars and campaigns for online retailer accounts– this includes:
- Briefing of media campaigns based on the business objective, media best practices, and historical learnings
- Managing the process and meetings on preparing and presenting recaps and findings monthly to brand leadership inclusive of reviewing the ROI and recommendations for future planning.
- This is a partnership with the Brand Sales Planning, Consumer Activation Leads, Brand Marketing and L’Oréal Luxe Retail Sales & Business Strategy Account Lead as well as the unique buyer/merchandising groups for online with each retailer.
- Manage co-op media budgets in partnership with Consumer Activation Lead and Brand Marketing. Prepare seasonal/full year media budget requests to support business needs, create and track Purchase Orders for active campaigns, maintain internal financial systems for reporting and accuracy.
- Act as internal expert for retailer.com and partner with Brand Asset Manager and Brand Marketing to advise brands on creative, content and media optimizations opportunities. Review all new or updated products/pages that will be pushed to which retailers when. Provide catalog updates internally to ensure asset development and delivery adheres to each retailers’ timelines. Subsequently review weekly/monthly online retailer site updates
- Determine seasonal GWP needs for retailer online, maintain calendar, communication internally and with retailer merchant teams, ordering process and follow thru to ensure accuracy in site placement timing, qualifiers, and copy
- Develop and manage seasonal sampling programs for retailer online, communicate forecasts internally, manage ordering process, online placement, and retailer support to drive business.