Director, Digital (Content & Social)
Professional Products, Global Brands
Location: New York, NY
Job Summary & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the digital content strategy and social media strategy for the brand(s)
- Develop the content brief for the elements needed for all digital touchpoints (social, website, media, partner sites), supporting content development activities & shoots in collaboration with the team as needed.
- Develop digital campaign strategy in support of brand, ensuring the right support for launches and always on brand communications.
- Drive brand advocacy and influencer programs in support of key objectives.
- Manage social media calendar and oversee community management activities across all brand social channels.
- Leverage digital and social intelligence to drive strategies in support to the brand.
- Measure effectiveness of digital strategies using tools and established KPI frameworks.
- Proven digital experience, preferably with beauty industry. (7+ years)
- Proven experience with social media strategy, content calendar planning and photoshoot management for global brands preferred
- Exceptional knowledge of all social media channels and content that performs best within each required. This includes understanding of metrics and performance measures
- Proven experience in creating a consistent and comprehensive brand presence across multiple digital platforms required.
- Project management and planning skills required
- Ability to make quick decisions, problem solve and multi-task
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required to effectively manage relationships
- Strong execution, leadership and consensus building/decision making skills.
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally periodically (max. 25%).
Judgment & Decision Making
- This position requires limited supervision. An ideal candidate will work autonomously to complete projects and assignments as well as work cross functionally to achieve short and long-term brand objectives.
- Office based role with long periods of sitting and computer work. Minimal physical activities, lifting up to 25lbs. required occasionally. Travel required up to 25% as well.
- Puts the consumer as the central focus
- Challenges the status quo and strives for excellence
- Innovates beyond the product
- Seizes what is just starting and opens new ventures
- Builds a shared vision and strategic frame
- Creates strategic scenarios for growth
- Leads transformation by aligning organization and human capabilities
- Demonstrates sound-judgement in decision-making
- Takes accountability with courage and transparency
- Builds and manages a consumer/customer centric organization
- Gives space for initiatives and enables teams to take risks
- Delivers with integrity both sustainable and short term results
- Fosters a climate of trust and constructive confrontation
- Develops collective performance of the team
- Enhances transversal co-operation
- Actively networks for effective stakeholder management
5. People Developer
- Treats all individuals in a respectful and consistent manner
- Leverages diversity
- Stimulates learning
- Empowers and develops individuals to contribute to their best
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.