Hudson Yards, New York NY
Director of DMP, Digital Identity & Data Management
Reports to: Vice President, Data Strategy & Activation, L’Oreal Americas
L’Oreal USA is looking for a leader of DMP, Digital Identity & Data Management reporting into the Vice President, Data Strategy & Activation. This highly strategic role in the group is responsible for implementing the anonymous data strategy to ensure the right customer data (known and anonymous) is available for marketing & data science in the right system at the right time. They are critical to enabling L’Oreal USA to deploy precision marketing strategies with high return on investment.
A successful candidate in this role is:
- Strong understanding of identity resolution, programmatic media strategic and tech landscape
- Strong understanding of tagging tools, best practices, taxonomy, and governance
- Strategic and business-focused but also have a clear understanding of IT tools and processes.
- Strong vendor management skills
- Able to partner with agencies across functions to design and enforce a governance model that allows brands to share data, negotiate this model with senior leadership, and work with IT and the vendors to ensure this is implemented.
- Understand how long it takes and the cost to build an API or a batch file load process.
- Works well with agencies and IT to design and implement the ecosystem on time, and on budget.
- Experienced with 1st party, 2nd party 3rd party data; the differences are clear to this candidate and they know exactly what types of vendors and tools should be deployed to marry this together into a cohesive ecosystem.
- Have background working with complex data environments and with big data storage & mining.
- Could have an productive conversation with a data scientist without feeling lost.
- Partners with the brands on their data activation strategies; transforms beauty objectives into a data activation plan and audience planning, leveraging cross-functional internal and external partners
- Manage identity graph integration with internal digital IT, Programmatic, and Advanced Analytics teams.
- Manage identity vendor and technology.
- Develop safe, ethical 3rd party partnerships to test new data sources
- Manages data management platform vendor and ensures maximum use of this DMP to support strategic business challenges
- Partners with omni-media and the brands to support DMP customer activation in programmatic
- Upskills and educates organization on DMP best practices
- Partners with Analytics teams on measurement plans within the DMP
- Tests walled garden use cases and designs playbook to maximize performance of anonymous data and DMP data collection for L’Oreal
- Partners with IT and agency to ensure all tagging and taxonomy governance is implemented as needed for data use cases
- Designs and tests new use cases for using anonymous data to accelerate key moments in the path to purchase, partnering with the brands to activate and scale these strategies
- Owns DMP budget, road map and tracks manages all retainers and incremental scopes of work to ensure controls and on budget wins within the DMP
- Evolves L’Oreal data taxonomy for consistent reporting across business units
- Briefs IT or vendors on new data projects to bring data into the L’Oreal data ecosystem
- 5+ years of escalating experience & track record of success
- Passion for fast moving transformation roles; passion for making business impact
- Familiarity with identity reconciliation processes both internally developed and vendor developed.
- Demonstrated experience with running complex projects across a matrixed organization.
- Hybrid between technology, business and agency background
- Experience with next generation data management platforms (i.e. eXelate; Bluekai; SF DMP, Neustar, etc.)
- Budget management, project management, vendor management
- Excellent communication skills; ability to influence at the most senior levels
- Self-motivated; autonomous and collaborative as needed
- Ability to execute in the short term while designing the future
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.