Job Title: Director, Digital Marketing & eCommerce
Division: Professional Products Division (PPD)
Location: New York, NY
The role of the Director, Digital Marketing & eCommerce is responsible for leading the overall acceleration of the direct-to-consumer (DTC) eCommerce online businesses for Hair.com within the Professional Products Division (PPD). This individual is the owner of the commercialization and sales planning process for Hair.com within our eCommerce platform in partnership with internal business stakeholders and external vendors.
They will be tasked with overseeing the product and channel strategy, leveraging data-driven insights to make channel decisions that will generate positive KPI results. This individual will use performance data to better understand our consumer, ensure that their needs can be met through our eCommerce platform and build a “bottoms-up” plan to hit our sales targets.
This role must partner cross-functionally with the brand’s content team, as well as the marketing teams across all 8 brands within PPD.
Specifically, the Director, Digital Marketing & eCommerce will be responsible for supporting and collaborating with the PPD brand digital teams for the following workstreams within the provided platform:
- Direct eCommerce Sales Performance
- Digital Marketing & Search Engine Optimization
- Product Management & Development
- Site Experience & Innovation
- Brand Asset & Content Management
This role will work closely with the brand content team along with marketing and digital leads, internal business, and external vendors to develop strategic roadmaps for website enhancements and backend platform optimization. The ideal candidate is a consumer-focused, analytical digital marketing and eCommerce professional who is a skilled communicator and collaborator. They must be able to clearly articulate issues and create actionable plans to resolve any issues through internal business stakeholders and external vendors.
Specifically, the Director, Digital Marketing & eCommerce will own the following key areas of responsibility, drives collaboration, and influences multiple levels of leadership to execute on the following key deliverables & responsibilities:
- Leader of the product and channel sales strategy, including managing a merchandiser (direct report).
- Develops promotional calendar to align with business objectives
- Owner of the transactional media plans and D2C A&P business drivers
- Owner of a variety of analyses including category performance, activation results, and competitive analyses to help us better optimize our brand strategy.
- Adapt and cultivate a “measurement as a religion” mindset across teams.
- Responsible for the sales forecasting process by developing bottom-up sales and inventory plans, which are used to inform financial and inventory decisions inclusive of product mix, Sell-thru, and Markdown vs. Reg Selling (core vs. promo vs. launch)
- Perform the pertinent sales analyses and forecasting to help foresee risk and opportunities
- Work cross-functionally with our site teams to manage the site’s calendar of activity and promotion, plus any updates relating to merchandising to ensure optimal products are being featured.
- Owner of the logistical process execution for all promotional events, including but not limited to set up, testing, and quality assurance.
- Manage the customization and engraving processes as needed for any of the brand’s relevant products, including communications with the relevant vendors.
- Act as the brand’s lead for all call center communications and feedback as consumer’s reach out with needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS) with 7+ years prior experience in a direct-to-consumer business with merchandising and commercialization exposure, sales planning, experience managing site experience, content marketing, content growth and SEO (Agile certification a plus)
- Significant digital platforms experience with eCommerce platforms such as Salesforce Commerce Cloud, and expertise with Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Brightedge, Screaming Frog, Moz, SEMRush, OnCrawl or similar
- Experience working in project management tools such as JIRA, Confluence and Wrike
- Experience implementing content & website optimization with focus on managing complexity across multiple large projects that touch many stakeholders
- Ability to lead projects, meetings, presentations to effectively analyze and translate data into actionable business plans
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, strategically, and identify and resolve problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work within a team and independently
- Strong organizational, time management, and analytical skills with the ability to manipulate large sets of data
- A positive attitude and passion for building businesses; entrepreneurial drive and a self-starter mindset
- Creative problem solver with the ability to prioritize initiatives and anticipate business needs
- Ability to build effective partnerships and interact successfully with diverse individuals at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, innovatively, and creatively using sound business judgment and quantitative skills
- Proven ability to influence others with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities with attention to detail
- Self-motivated, results and solution oriented, strategic thinker with strong time management and prioritization skills
Judgment and Decision Making:
This role will require a balance of project and product management, analytical thinking, communication skills and data management skills as it will require a demonstrated ability to interpret KPIs, sales results and analytics to support business planning, provide insights and to act on the data in collaboration with internal brand & external account partners. It requires constant interaction within a matrixed business structure (Digital Operations, Direct and Indirect eCommerce, GM, CDMO) to coordinate work and deliver objectives. Actively builds networks and becomes an in-house SEO expert, Product Management champion and User Experience leader that can influence, convince, and introduce new ways of improving how we meet the needs of the PPD Division and our consumer.
Essential Physical Requirements:
Must be able to work in an office environment, minimum of 3 days per week.
- Leads with Human Sensitivity – Demonstrates respect, develops others (i.e., explains strategic objectives and the meaning of projects; manages senior/junior members as needed) and enriches team dynamics (i.e., motivates the team to work with diverse personalities and cultures)
- Displays Sensitivity to Our “Métier” – Focuses on quality, continues to build personal knowledge of the beauty business and understanding of beauty and Consumer Behaviors.
- Demonstrates Entrepreneurship – Takes initiative (i.e., demonstrates resourcefulness), focuses on customers, improves performance (i.e., improves work processes to save time and resources) and develops a vision. Considers consumers a company asset.
- Innovates – Shows curiosity, imagines creative solutions generating business value, promotes team creativity and utilizes data to draw new insights.
- Achieves Results with Integrity – Conveys energy, focuses on results, deliverables, and follow-through (i.e., accelerates multiple tasks to meet deadlines) and acts with integrity
- Manages Complexity – Reasons from multiple perspectives (i.e., analyzes issues by combining listening, observation, reasoning, and common sense) and makes decisions (i.e., finds solutions when facing dilemmas)
- Interacts Effectively – Listens and communicates effectively (i.e., presents confidently and convinces others) and actively networks
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.