PROFESSIONAL PRODUCTS DIVISION
Job Description Form
Job Title: Director – Digital Innovation & Experience
Function: Marketing (Global)
Supervisor Title: SVP – Digital, PPD US DMIs
Location: Terminal Stores - 606 W 28th Street New York, NY 10001
Responsible for the management and strategy of multi-brand (Matrix, Biolage and Redken) digital platform and experience activities reporting directly to the SVP of Digital, PPD US Global Marketing (DMIs). This role supports the brand’s global expansion via digital strategies and solutions, leads the implementation of digital programs that best meet the needs of the business and markets worldwide, and serves as the execution lead for global digital platforms initiatives. The Director – Innovation & Experience will own the total platform roadmap for website, app, and service strategy. They will lead ideation, project management of add on services (mobile/web). I.e. virtual try-ons, diagnostic tools, Innovation and connected technologies lead (ex. connected styling, connected devices).
Section 3: Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related field required.
- 5+ years digital or related field experience, preferably with beauty industry-related experience.
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Knowledge of web based technologies to design and develop dynamic web-based and mobile integrations and applications
- HTML/CSS and CMS experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Demandware / Sitecore preferred
- Strong understanding and the use of current online/digital technology to drive brand experiences
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required to effectively manage relationships with diverse international internal and external contacts
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- High proficiency in in Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Analytics
- Strong execution, leadership and consensus building/decision making skills.
- Computer literacy on Windows, MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to travel domestically periodically (max. 25%).
- Language skills a plus.
Section 4: Judgment and Decision Making
This position requires limited supervision. An ideal candidate will work autonomously to complete projects and assignments as well as work cross functionally to achieve short and long-term brand objectives.
Section 5: Essential Physical Requirements
Office based role with long periods of sitting and computer work. Minimal physical activities, lifting up to 25lbs. required occasionally. Travel required up to 25% as well.
Section 6: Financial Scope
Annual Budget Responsibility: Budget determined on an annual basis, and could range between $50,000 - $500,000
Section 7: Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
% of time spent.
Total should = 100%
- Coordination of with CDO teams on day to day execution - web site factory team (backend/maintenance), countries and zone IT, service factory team and local development agencies. (ex. Modiface)
- Overseeing external partners and agencies (ex. app development / Style Station)
- Strategic input in conjunction with POD teams to modernize the professional / consumer journey, modernize salon experience, and reach new audience.
- eComm / social commerce direction and support, in conjunction with POD teams, to meet business objectives.
- Measurement plans for KPIs by project. GA, Navigation path, satisfaction survey, etc. Ensuring SEO KPIs are met, participating in content SCRUMs where applicable.
- CRM lead and legal validation on data collection (GDPR) and content
- Piloting new innovative features for website and services: scouting new tech, partners, and working with CDOs to assess and implement.
Section 8: Required Competencies:
- Puts the consumer as the central focus
- Challenges the status quo and strives for excellence
- Innovates beyond the product
- Seizes what is just starting and opens new ventures
- Builds a shared vision and strategic frame
- Creates strategic scenarios for growth
- Leads transformation by aligning organization and human capabilities
- Demonstrates sound-judgement in decision-making
- Takes accountability with courage and transparency
- Builds and manages a consumer/customer centric organization
- Gives space for initiatives and enables teams to take risks
- Delivers with integrity both sustainable and short term results
- Fosters a climate of trust and constructive confrontation
- Develops collective performance of the team
- Enhances transversal co-operation
- Actively networks for effective stakeholder management
5. People Developer
- Treats all individuals in a respectful and consistent manner
- Leverages diversity
- Stimulates learning
- Empowers and develops individuals to contribute to their best
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.