Director, Education & Training Strategy – Dermablend Pro
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Strategic Education Development
- Create/set/lead digitally native education strategy for Dermablend Professional US Education across all channels
- Reporting directly with general manager, sales and marketing teams in translating products into education modules for the retail, e-commerce, consumer and professional medical/esthetic community. Develop strong partnerships with all sales channels to understand their end consumer and provide appropriate content and substantiation to support sell-in and sell-through initiatives.
- This position is both strategic and hands-on and with their team will generate content to support the brand in communication vehicles ranging from HSN, technical documents, training modules, protocols, technical briefs and product knowledge profiles, through to consumer communications (in concert with the marketing teams).
- Combining Esthetics and Makeup artistry to develop fundamentals of a training program and providing real time advanced education for both across consumer, field and medical community fundamental playbook.
- Seek out new ways to maintain the brand’s competitive edge by maintaining excellence in education through innovative means. Examples include but are not limited to; conducting online seminars for internal teams (Webex) and the end consumer (Facebook/Instagram).
- Capable in creating educational programs for the retail & esthetic community.
- Must be able to measure education impact to sales
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Strategic role in our content and communication strategy; help develop a “skin-makeup-artist expert” voice with a digitally literate voice to scale through all accounts
- Identify strategic education message. Standardize and implemented in all channels (i.e brand DNA sheet, fact sheets, product benefit stories for each franchise, FAQ)
- Fit gap of training materials based on trends and develop best practice process for inclusion in all training materials
- Develop training curriculum materials for new product launches and ongoing product training
- Strategically direct education and training activities to provide innovation and results oriented selling tools and techniques
- Oversee the development/implementation of educational materials and ensure consistent and appropriate brand image is maintained in all such materials and projects
- Create and track analysis to assess success of training programs
- Support high level/performing accounts with onsite training annually with measureable ROI
- Develop and manage Education budget
- Develop product knowledge modules for retail partners (ULTA, Dillard’s,Macy’s and Kohl’s)
- Present at national sales events and speaking/holding classes at key industry functions, including trade shows as needed
- Present with Marketing & Sales to major retail & esthetic partners and their education teams
- Expected ROI: secure training opportunities (ULTA Daily Micro Trainings, Dillard’s Edge Beauty Boss/Beauty Mobile Institute).
- Expected ROI success on DMT: 90% viewership, track sales 4-12 weeks pre-post training session time
- KPI’s: check Dillard’s Edge qualitative 4 weeks prior and 4 weeks post Edge Beauty Boss
- Influences Train the Trainer strategies and tactics in tandem with VP of Sales for Beauty Barrage team.
- Expected ROI: Drive entire team to conduct average 100 trainings a month (morning trainings, off-the-floor) and measure covered doors
- Clear monthly training focus delivered to Field Team to accelerate product focus sales
- Guide, coordinate and support up with monthly training agendas
Coordinate cluster trainings for strategic retail partners with support from Field Team
- Expected ROI: Increase in sell through and brand awareness
HSN (business development and education)
- Support brand awareness channel, HSN, as the face of the brand.
- Strategically drive Dermablend as the leader in high-performance coverage through exciting presence with creative demos
- Participate in up to 4 shows per year (may change at any point)
- Expected ROI: average of 85% sell through per show (or meet/exceed HSN’s DPM (dollars per minute) quota
- Achieve forecast of secondary product feature
Consumer (business development and education)
- Participate in cross-functional meetings to determine best strategies for the brand.
- Public Relations to position product features and benefit stories for both trade and consumer press that drive measurable results
- Create consistent cadence of digitally native education stories/posts in tandem with Social Media Manager (Instagram Live, Facebook LIVE)
- Work closely with General Manager and GTP development teams to plan, develop and execute educational videos and technique guides
- Corporate education experience in professional and or prestige channel +3 years
- Experience in Content Creation in prestige retail (Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Adobe, WebEx)
- Esthetician +5 years
- Makeup Artist +5 years
- Bachelors or equivalent work experience
- Business development focused individual
- Digitally native education minded with know-how to digitalize all education
- Exceptional writing skills
- Strong execution skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Media trained a plus+
- Innate ability to motivate and inspire other professionals in the industry; demonstrated understanding of retail & professional industry
- Self-starter who exercises flexibility and adaptability in responding to change and opportunity
- Proven track record of education development with a background in makeup artistry and skin (esthetician preferred)
- Strong sense of competitive landscape
- Computer literate (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, Internet, Skype, Goto Meeting, Webinars)
- Knowledge of interactive training programs and tools
- Ability to travel throughout the geographic region as necessary; including international travel as required
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, and partners
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.