The Director, Global Ecommerce will work closely with local retailer.com and pure player (Amazon) leads, sales ops, finance, and marketing teams as well as product teams to identify opportunities to accelerate UD’s eCommerce business across all strategic online accounts (sell-in, sell-out, net sales objectives). The role will be required to manage inputs from local markets to deliver outputs that increase demand and optimize P&L. The role will work closely with the VP, Global Digital to test new strategies to accelerate eCommerce and Omni sales, analyze performance by online channel, provide direction on all aspects of eCommerce activations, and continually look for new and innovative partnerships to remain competitive and grow our eCommerce weight of business.
The Director, Global Ecommerce must be a self-starter who can work well across multiple teams and stakeholders, all the while managing competing priorities and the work of a Digital & SEO Associate. The role requires superior communication and presentation skills, experience with performance tools and dashboards, as well as data-driven decision-making skills. The ideal candidate has progressive experience scaling high volume eCommerce businesses in CPG/Startups. Subscription/retention business a plus.
- BS/BA degree and interest in cosmetics industry required.
- 10 years’ Experience in strategizing and planning retailer/pureplayer sales, Amazon or indirect eCommerce/eRetail businesses (Agile certification a plus) OR startup experience scaling to multi-million dollar businesses.
- Must be able to plan, coordinate and communicate across larger and cross-functional teams. Ability to partner with internal groups to drive adoption of best-in-class strategies. Advanced influential skills.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of end users. Familiar with executive level reporting and communication.
- Entrepreneurially spirited; self-starter and customer driven. Creativity in problem-solving.
- Flexibility and adaptability in an evolving business environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to build successful relationships within a team and cross-functionally. Able to clearly communicate eCommerce concepts to an audience with a wide variation in eCommerce experience.
- Ability to effectively present information to an individual or group, both written and verbally
- Highly organized with proven multi-tasking, follow-up ability and project management.
- Meticulous attention to detail, deadline oriented & works well under pressure
- Knowledge and curiosity of eCommerce best practices
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, and work within rigorous deadlines
- Knowledge of retail relationships, ecommerce sales reporting and analysis, A&P tactics and performance benchmarks and experience with data-driven strategies
- Experience in Demand Planning, Sales Forecasting and P&L management. Advanced math and analytical skills.
- Experience working with 3P providers and digital agencies
- Experience working with eNPD, Profitero, Google Analytics, Salesforce
Judgment and Decision Making:
This position will be responsible for the day-to-day management of eCommerce and accelerating channel growth. A passion for eCommerce growth and talent for alignment are required. Impact of decisions & communication will be highly visible, so strong decision making and communication skills are necessary. Role will be supervised by VP, Global Digital to ensure alignment of communication to various stakeholders.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive Urban Decay’s unique point-of-view in eCommerce, online merchandising, and channel development to maintain and grow our category leadership. Understand competitive landscape and white space opportunities for differentiation and first mover advantage.
- Evaluate and report weekly sales by retailer, by ecommerce channel. Identify opportunities to bridge ecommerce sales goals and work in partnership with local retail account teams to execute. Identify competitor strategies and benchmark performance against Luxe and external brands. Synthesize performance metrics across multiple different accounts to share key learnings and revise strategies to optimize global team deliverables and activations.
- Assess the business to ensure top-line and bottom-line fundamentals are met across online channels, including Sephora.com, Ulta.com, Amazon, Tmall, and Pure Players. Lead Urban Decay’s shift towards recurring revenue (retention) by providing strategic guidance and best practices to countries and global team partners.
- Manage the UD Digital Shelf across all channels to ensure stock availability, brand equity, customer centricity, and conversion optimization. This includes content, customer experience, online merchandising, and tool stack. Evangelize a test-and-learn mentality throughout the organization and educate other teams on best practices based on data-driven performance metrics.
- Establishes and maintains Ecommerce channel KPIs and centralized reporting. Report weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual performance of eCommerce. Synthesize performance results around peak moments.
- Create high visibility presentations with industry insights and best practice frameworks, including worldwide eCommerce newsletter. Lead solution-oriented feedback sessions with internal stakeholders to identify channel blockers and pain-points across ecommerce levers: traffic, product, pricing and promotionality, content, advertising, supply chain, technology, replenishment, etc.
- Partner with Divisional and Global counterparts on identifying product and channel opportunities for eCommerce growth (from Amazon beauty trends and Google makeup search trends to social commerce best practices, etc.)
- Manage vendors and agencies, including performance consultant and SEO associate. Lead unbranded Search/SEO strategy to acquire high-intent buyers from Google, Amazon, and Retailer Search. This includes keyword planning, content and copy development, as well on-site technical setup, and off-site link-building.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.