SalonCentric, a subsidiary of L’Oreal USA, is the premier distributor in the United States of salon professional products. Through its hundreds of stores, national field sales force and distribution and sub-distribution network, SalonCentric promotes the finest professional beauty brands and educates stylists on the latest products and trends.
Title: Director, Human Resources – Manchester, PA (York/Harrisburg, PA area)
Reports to: Vice President, Human Resources, Distribution Operations - SalonCentric
Acts as a business partner who responsible for the ownership and accountability of the Human Resources function for a specific distribution facility or facilities. Aligns the Human Resources strategy and initiatives with business objectives. Develops a strong sense of the Professional Salon Products Industry and distribution channel, as well as establishing key working relationships with management committees. Serves as a source of guidance, direction and career planning for all employees within their assigned distribution operations. Serves as a liaison for Corporate HR committees and special projects.
This position is located in our Manchester, PA distribution center, which is a 3-shift operation Sunday-Friday with approximately 165 employees.
- Manages and directs day-to-day Human Resources department including strategies, activities and events that positively impact employee morale, productivity, and the desired culture and business outcomes.
- Responsible for the management and guidance in all employee relations issues. Ensures that appropriate management and Vice President of Human Resources are advised of all sensitive and policy issues.
- Responsible for recruitment strategy, sourcing techniques and implementing innovative and efficient programs to ensure the hiring and retention of the best talent to maintain divisional growth.
- Responsible for managing the performance management system, development plans, annual salary exercise (merit planning process), annual benefits enrollment, succession planning programs and initiatives, as well as the affirmative action and diversity plans and programs.
- Participation in special assignments as directed by Vice President of Human Resources.
- Responsible for sourcing, development, retention and recognition of leaders and high potential talent at all levels of the organization.
- Responsible for compliance with appropriate governmental and legal regulations, policies and procedures.
- Acts as liaison with Corporate Human Resources on all projects, as directed by the Vice President of Human Resources and implements all new or revised HR programs at the regional level in accordance with the established HR strategy.
Candidate Experience and Competencies
- Minimum BA/BS degree required.
- Minimum 7 years diverse and progressive Human Resources experience in a generalist capacity dealing with complex business and Human Resources issues
- Strong computer proficiency: Experience with human resource information systems and Microsoft Office required
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills essential for success
- Experience dealing directly with Senior Management.
- Demonstrated presentation skills for employee and small group meeting facilitation
- Must be able to travel up to 15% (+) and work occasional weekends as necessary to attend and participate in divisional and/or salon industry meetings and events
- Proven ability to coach, mentor and consult with a wide range of management and employees on daily basis and possess strong problem solving and resolution skills
- Inspires employee trust by handling employee issues with the utmost sensitivity, confidentiality and tact
- Possesses competent and thorough investigative skills with attention to detail to derive solutions and analyze complex people issues
- Able to maintain a critical balance between employee advocacy and the company’s interests for desired outcomes
- Flexible and adaptable to changing business requirements
- Strong appreciation and understanding of employment laws and procedures.
SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.