Google Cloud Data Engineer & Architect
New York, NY (hybrid work model)
We are looking for an experienced GCP Data Engineer & Architect who has applied technology solutions to grow and optimize digital analytics. You would be responsible for executing a growth strategy for multiple divisions and channels across L’Oreal USA. You would apply in depth knowledge of technology options, technology platforms, design techniques and approaches across the L’Oreal ecosystem to design systems that meet business needs · You will analyze the business problems and design reliable, scalable data storage and analytics systems that enable the business and our products to scale. Play a leading role in POCs and building platforms and datasets using software engineering best practices, data management fundamentals, data storage principles, and operational excellence best practices.
- Participate in architectural discussions, perform system analysis which involves a review of the existing systems and operating methodologies. Participate in the analysis of newest technologies and suggest the optimal solutions which will be best suited for satisfying the current requirements and will simplify the future modifications
- Design appropriate data models for the use in transactional and big data environments as an input into Machine Learning processing.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Design and Build the necessary infrastructure for optimal ETL from a variety of data sources to be used on GCP services
- Develop data and semantic interoperability specifications
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders including Product Teams, Data Domain Owners, Infrastructure, Security and Global IT
- Identify, Implement, and continuously enhance the data automation process
- Support continuous improvement in DevOps Automation
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Develop proper Data Governance and Data Security
- 10 + years of Data Engineering experience working with both distributed architectures, ETL, EDW and Big Data technologies
- 3+ years of experience with Google Cloud Services such as Streaming + Batch, Cloud Storage, Cloud Dataflow, Composer, DFunc, Big Query & Big Table
- Experience with data warehousing concepts and implementation of bronze, silver and gold layers and Integration with frontend tools
- Proven Experience in Snowflake will be a plus
- Experience with DWBI modelling framework is highly regarded
- Strong Python, Java Development Experience
- Extensive experience working with SQL across a variety of databases
- Experience with DBT, Integration with Frontend Tools
- Experience in Cross cloud, Inter-region data transfers/migration will be a plus
- Experience in Analytics/Visualization tools like PowerBI, Looker, Tableau
- Proven knowledge in implementing security & IAM requirements
- Knowledge and proven use of contemporary data mining, cloud computing and data management tools including but not limited to Microsoft Azure, AWS Cloud, Google Cloud, Hadoop, HDFS, mapr and spark.
(The actual compensation will depend on a variety of job-related factors which may include geographic location, work experience, education, and skill level)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.