New York, New York
Customer Data Activation Lead, Kiehl's Since 1851
Kiehl’s Since 1851 is searching for a data driven, segmentation obsessed Customer Data Activation Marketing Director to oversee our customer activation strategy. This role is responsibility for all insights into customer behavior and creates the customer activation strategy, determining who (which segments of customers) and how (through what tactics) we should reactivate, acquire new, retain, create stronger cross-category to ultimately drive increase customer lifetime value and meet our overall business goals. This role will work hand in hand with the Director of Digital Marketing and Direct to Consumer (D2C) Marketing to create campaigns that fulfill the customer data activation strategy and will partner with Digital/Brand Marketing to identify optimal audience targeting and segmentation strategies for promotions, animations, and launches. The Customer Data Activation Marketing Director will also lead our Loyalty strategy as we relaunch the platform in 2021 and managed the agency 500 Friends on the day to day programming to ensure the retention of this very important customers. This role will be supported by a Manager of Analytics to develop and execute an analytics road map and work with the Digital Marketing teams to help track performance and monitor KPIs of marketing campaigns
Job Responsibilities 70%
- Manage & Define Customer Strategy: work closely with VP of marketing to create monthly goals and KPIs to track tool. Supported by Analytics Manager, proactively mining, querying and analyzing the customer database to lead a long-term direct-to-consumer strategy
- Analyses road map to encompass various different verticals: E-Mail/Direct Mail, Digital Media, Loyalty, Sales Promotions/Product Purchases Promotions, In-Store Activations, and Eventing CRM KPIs (Acquisition, Repeat, Retention, etc.)
- Understand customer behavior across day to day business, animations, promos, and launches to help drive top-of mind strategies and activations.
- Work on segmentation strategies for each type of animations partnering with digital and brand marketing
- Work closely with email/media team on always on segmentation and new test & learn agenda
- Manage Loyalty Strategy and implementations with 500 Friends. Monitor Loyalty Engagement and recommend new activations as part of overall Customer Strategy but specifically for Kiehls Rewards as a strategic platform
- Manage audience counts and audience requests working closely with D2C team and corporate. Help with the on-boarding of first party data and curation and delivery of segment data within the Data Management Platform (DMP) to ensure accurate and consistent data delivery to channels (Media, SEM, Email).
- Spearhead Build reports/dashboards for media & CRM teams to track performance and monitor KPIs to optimize cross-channel sales drivers
- Analyze data from multiple sources across all digital marketing campaigns (email, display, search, social, affiliate, Google Analytics, etc) on weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis to build out attribution modeling working towards multi-touch attribution
- Support ad hoc analysis requests and perform campaign analysis to help drive strategy and execution of future programs and product launches
- Interpret campaign results, formulate insights and successfully communicate actionable recommendations and implications
- Partner with teams in strategizing audience segmentation for upcoming campaigns optimizing throughout the year
- Partner with Digital IT/agency partners to ensure technical aspects of all digital programs are set-up and tagged properly for measurement
- Assist with learning agendas for performance metrics, brand studies and MMX programs
- Partner with internal teams, agency partners, and digital IT in strategizing audience segmentation for upcoming campaigns, requesting audiences and optimizing throughout the year based on performance and business needs.
- Manage process improvements to maximize efficiency/automation and lead the development of new reports
- Actively partner with business partners in planning and executing on marketing campaigns, launches and promotions wherever necessary especially during campaigns when all hands need to be on deck.
- Keep up with market, consumer trends, and competition and provide recommendations for testing into new and emerging technologies, vendors and trends
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business Analytics, Sales/Marketing, Information Systems/Technology, Business Administration, or other related fields
- Background in D2C eCommerce or performance marketing preferred (Agency experience a strong bonus) or experience working in digital media analytics/planning/operations role
- Expert knowledge of SQL (Python, R, or Scala is a bonus)
- Experience working with a Data Management Platform (Salesforce Krux, Lotame, Adobe Audience Manager, Oracle BlueKai, and/or Permutive), with a focus on segment strategy and cross-channel data coordination
- Familiarity with 3rd party data providers (i.e. eXelate, BlueKai, ixi, Nielsen, etc.)
- Experience with ad serving, web analytics, personalization tools and/or platform technologies (DFP, Optimizely, Google Analytics, Omniture, etc.)
- Experience with modern dashboards and data visualization tools such as Spotfire, Tableau, Datorama, Data Studio, etc.
- Comfortable working in CRM and Media Analytics tools - Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, Google Display & Video 360, etc.
- Ability to effectively reconcile the needs of business stakeholders with the IT and Database management teams
- Knowledge of integration concepts as they relate to sourcing data from disparate sources
- A Bachelors degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively as a member of a fast paced, dynamic team, servicing stakeholders at both the headquarters and in the sales field
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, and a strategic thinker with strong time management and prioritization skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.