Hudson Yards, New York NY
Director, Data Science & Marketing Analytics
Job Summary: L’Oreal is looking for an analytically and data driven Director to help establish and build Analytic tools and insights within the domain of marketing analytics and sales lift measurement. With a strong background in big data analysis, content measurement, programmatic & e-commerce; this role will report into the AVP, Advanced Analytics & Data Science and will be responsible for driving Analytics based recommendations and influencing Marketing Decisions within the organization. An entrepreneurial spirit and self-starter attitude are critical to success in this role.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Builds experimental design for eCommerce and campaign level marketing effectiveness & ROAS
- Leads in the following analytical projects, but are not limited to: Content Performance, Creative Assessment, eCommerce Analytics, A/B Testing, Video Analysis, Text Analysis, etc.
- Lead regular brand-facing conversations on scoping, methodology and insights interpretation.
- Innovates to find new connections between different content related data sets within the organization for analysis.
- Collaborates with internal data architect to ensure data is following best practices in Collection, Governance and Hygiene.
- Collaborates closely with the VP level stakeholders to develop analytical road maps that integrate modelling and predictive analytics into current and new business intelligence activities.
- Evangelizes Data Influenced Decision Making within the broader organization via education, presentations, 1-on-1 conversations, etc.
- Drives performance against business objectives which include, but are not limited to: growing revenue, growing share, increasing profitability
Competencies Of Successful Candidates:
- At least 7 years of relevant experience; Preferably 2 years working for / within the consumer products / CPG vertical
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Data Modelling
- Data Visualization: Tableau, D3.js, etc.
- Proven record of developing analytical products that drive business decisions and outcomes
- Methodological mindset to test new ideas and work towards valid results.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects with shifting and conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- Flexible communication style to collaborate with multiple stakeholders from varying backgrounds. Able to effectively translate and present analytics data to business users at the Manager / Director / VP level.
- Self-motivated and able to operate independently, as well as work effectively with others
- Ability and drive to work in a fast paced environment under short deadlines, tolerance for business ambiguity; the ability to thrive under quickly changing situations; adaptable, with ability to meet short turnaround times.
- Curiosity and tenacity to ask the right questions and follow through with answers.
Familiarity with the following:
- Statistical Tools: R, SAS, SPSS, SciPy, Stata, etc.
- Programming Languages: Python, C/C++, Java, Ruby, Perl, MATLAB, Pig, etc.
- Relational Databases: SQL-based systems, NewSQL systems (Cloudera, etc.)
- Analytical Techniques: Machine Learning, Forecasting, NLP, data/text mining, pattern matching, visualization, semantic analysis, neural networks, and complex event processing etc.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.