Director, Market Research
Job: Director, Market Research
Position type: Permanent
Employment type: Full - Time
Location: New York - New York
- Help lead the integrated Consumer Insights function for MNY DMI in order to provide meaningful, consumer- and market-based insight that drives MNY’s competitive advantage globally.
- Bring higher level of integration of market, consumer, shopper, social and analytic insights to provide a holistic 360 consumer/retailer/market view to inform, influence and guide decision making that will result in strong brand strategy and identification and development of of unique innovation opportunities for increased profitability and Market shares.
- Contribute to driving consumer-centricity in decision-making and champion the initiative that foster an intimate knowledge of our consumers.
- Be the voice of the consumer in order to advance consumer centric behaviors in Maybelline DMI
- Cultivate strong collaborative relationships across Brand Innovation (New Product Development) and Experience teams (All Consumer Touch Points) to bring seamless and relevant brand propositions that lead to brand love.
- Develop, design, and manage all insights projects for the DMI (e.g. concepts, products, packs, merchandising, philanthropy, digital, PR).
- Identify key knowledge gaps globally and develop plans to close them and prioritize budget to ensure implementation of needed projects.
- Align all research programs with the brand strategy and innovation plans and design/execute for actionable recommendations.
- Educate Marketing on the process of best-in-class research planning and clearly establish CMI’s thought leadership and strong partnership.
- Experiment and modernize tools (methods, techniques, vendors,) data collection (mobile, social), and visualization techniques (flash reports/dashboards) which align to the new digital ecosystem and shifting consumer consumption patterns.
- Maximize project budgets by eliminating redundant or non-actionable requests and projects across brands.
- Leverage social listening tools to gather insights as part of 360 view of consumers.
- Leverage shopper insights learnings from Corporate to assist Brand Experience team with consumer touchpoint development at retail, mobile, and online
- Partner with Trends Lead to plan, support, and execute Consumer Centricity initiatives for the team for greater trend and consumer immersion
- Support global Analytics teams on sellout information utilizing NPD, Nielsen, and IRI data
- Manage existing vendor relationships and cultivate new ones that can enhance the insights capability.
- Thought leadership that drives a higher level of consumer centricity
- Actionable insights and recommendations grounded in consumer truths to drive business
- Development of efficient and agile research tool kit
- Proven thought leadership
- Strategic thinking and proven ability to anticipate
- 7+ years of related business experience
- Experience in running and managing Global Market Research projects preferred
- Consumer package goods or beauty industry experience is preferred
- Information & Data management (experience/familiarity with Syndicated data, such as Nielsen, IRI, NPD)
- Collaborative leadership Style
- Demonstrated L’Oréal Competencies: Leadership, Entrepreneurial Management, Achiever, and Innovator
- Strong appreciation for our business / sensitivity to métier
- Proficiency (Microsoft Suite)