Marketing Director, Carol’s Daughter
Job: Marketing Director
Position type: Permanent
Employment type: Full - Time
Location: New York - New York
This position is responsible to lead and accelerate growth and market share gain on Carol’s Daughter by developing innovative strategies and go-to-market plans (brand, new launches, pillar business) with executional excellence. In addition, the Marketing Director’s primary responsibility includes owning and uncovering deep consumer insights to initiate breakthrough communications and data-driven marketing. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to performing business & competitive analyses, media planning and spend review, marketing budget/financial control, and preparing presentations for top management meetings. This position is an opportunity for a proactive, self-motivated individual to be both creative and analytical to help accelerate growth across this loved brand. This position is also responsible for leading and developing 1 direct report (Business Analyst/Assistant Manager).
New Product Launches:
Strategy & Planning:
- Drive the research, analysis, category trends and insights to develop long term strategy across
- Oversee and guide plans development and create vision for businesses
- Contribute significantly to total CDSC portfolio strategy / plans
Financial P&L and Forecasting:
- Ownership of entire forecasting process and P&L
- Understand and manage financial implication of forecast
- Own accuracy of all budgets and roll up of total portfolio with finance
- Manage budget allocation between spending buckets and brands with peers
Promotions/Advertising / Media:
- Work with ICC and agency partners to create breakthrough consumer communications across all touchpoints, from traditional media to digital data driven activations
- Influence media recommendation and direction
Team and Meeting Management:
- Foster collaboration within the team and with our core partners (DMI, commercial, finance etc)
- Effectively manage, train and develop direct report
- Lead meeting preparation, and represent Carol’s Daughter in meetings with the CDSC GM & CPD President
- Lead cross functional teams to deliver go to market objectives
- Contribute to CDSC team positive morale
- 6-8+ years of Industry related marketing work experience (consumer package goods or beauty) is highly desired, but not required.
- Experience managing direct reports is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience successfully launching and managing a new product or renovation through its entire life cycle.
- Demonstrated L’Oréal Competencies: Leadership, Entrepreneurial Management, Achiever, and Innovator
- Brand Administration: create project plan according to panier portfolio gaps; in-depth knowledge of brand equity and management
- Market Research: ability to read and interpret research data
- Leadership: Demonstration of leadership with team; support departments and customers
- Strong Project Management Skills
- PC Proficiency (Microsoft Suite)
- Information & Data management
- Rigorous quantitative data analysis skills
- Prioritization & Organization Skills
- Strong Interpersonal Skills (written and oral)
- Strong appreciation for our business / sensitivity to métier
- Must be professional and energetic with a positive attitude
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.