Responsible for developing, leading and sustaining the manufacturing plant’s continuous improvement culture while partnering with cross-functional leadership and team members to reach targeted business and operational goals through Lean and Six Sigma techniques. As a continuous improvement leader, the focus is to train, coach, and mentor team members and co-workers on a range of skills from tactical improvement techniques to overall strategy. Oversees PI team, coaches, trains, evaluates staff to drive culture of empowerment and capabilities. Responsible for developing the plant strategy for the long term plant vision in delivery manufacturing excellence results. Responsible for performance data analytics and benchmarking.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Oversees the plant’s overall approach on Performance Improvement, to deploying and applying the groups Excellence Operational framework.
- Have the plant’s management committee approve the site’s objectives as regards the Production Reference system. (OEE, PUR, washing water, losses of materials) on the basis of the Master Plan and in agreement with the DO and Group Recommendations (DGO)
- Promotes the application of EOS in the plant’s management system
- Oversee the progress of defined performance improvement projects and facilitate their deployments (between departments, management and the field).
- Ensure methods are observed in improvement projects (5S, PDCA, Problem Solving, Chrono-analysis, Optima, Optiloss, etc…)
- Monitor and analyze data (focus on “deviations” on OEE, PUR, Washing Water, losses)
- Ensure the consistency of improvement procedures and standardization across the Plant’s UPs
- Ensure that the plant’s Master Plan can achieve the set objectives
- Coordinate and motivate the various departments and working groups with regard to performance improvement initiatives
- Train the plant’s Employees
- Organize audits to check that the system and methods are observed over time as well as the reliability of the data
- Promote Ideas, innovative practices and successes at plant level
- Be the preferred contact for the Area Performance entity (i.e. DGO Manufacturing performance department for Europe).
- Report back the good innovative practices of one’s plant to the “Performance Manager” community and the DGO.
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related discipline require
- 5+ years Manufacturing experience required
- Six Sigma Green belt or higher preferred
- Experience leading teams, driving change, executing continuous improvement projects
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.