Recruit, train and retain a high performing team responsible for the creation, deployment and sustainability of the vision, strategy, and tactics required to achieve D.C. excellence across the operation.
Overall responsibility is to ensure customer orders are properly fulfilled in terms of quantity, quality, and time at a Distribution Center. Compliance with Safety, Housekeeping & Environmental (SH&E) standards as well as with L’Oreal USA policies & procedures.
- Manages a team of direct reports but overall responsibility of entire distribution team
- Executes DC operation strategy in areas of shipping, receiving, order fulfillment / facilities / engineering / SH&E and quality.
- Manage strategic direction for departments and communicates information to team
- Support, communicate & implement global initiative/ strategies
- Focus on continuous improvements and make recommendations to improve operations. Ensures compliance to safety standards
- Work collaboratively with peers across functions to execute strategy
- Execute best in class operation, technology, & productivity standards
- Direct the operations of warehouse staff to achieve objectives
- Manages team performance, ensures appropriate development and succession planning
- Develop and administer operating & capital budgets. Manage temp labor spending
- Participate in cross functional project teams
- Manages / coordinates / participates in special projects as they arise.
- Required: BA/BS degree with Supply Chain or Engineering preferred
- Required: 10+ years of experience in a distribution or manufacturing environment with proven ability to manage large teams
- Required: Computer skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, Access and Outlook
- Required: Strong communication skills; organized; process oriented
- Required: Strong management experience, analytical skill, process management
- Stongly Preferred: TPM, Continuous improvement experience
- Preferred: SAP and experience
- Experience in a global organization
- Obtain L’Oreal forklift certification
- Judgement: Judgement and decision making from multiple perspectives is required.
- Strong analytical skills, functional (transactional) knowledge, calculated decision making abilities, and multi-tasking capability
- Acts/Leads with human sensitivity: Demonstrates respect, develops others, and enriches team dynamics
- Commitment to CPD Operations Values: Trust and Trustworthiness, Respect, Teamwork, Innovation, Accountability
- Interacts effectively: Listens and communicates effectively and actively networks
- Displays sensitivity to the “Metier” of L’Oreal: Focuses on quality
- Demonstrates entrepreneurship: Takes initiative , Improves performance, and develops a vision
- Achieves results with integrity: Conveys energy, acts with integrity, and focuses on results.
- Innovates: Imagines creative solutions and promotes team creativity
- Manages complexity: Reasons from multiple perspectives and makes decisions
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.