For more than a hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives.
L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
We are seeking a Director for our Skin Care Formulation Development Team, based in Clark, New Jersey. In this role, you will provide managerial, technical, and operational administration for the Skin Care Products Category. Provides leadership, direction, and development.
You Will . . .
- Leads the active cosmetic brand efforts to frame long-term and short-term strategy to establish market winning position.
- Partner with marketing brand to bring strategic innovations in all zone and help build global innovation portfolio with key consumer need gaps/opportunities
- Identifies and recommends new product technology paths for new global launches with a SBWA (Sharing Beauty with All) ambition.
- Maintain the Global Catalog with the constant regulatory and raw material changes.
- Establish strong connection with marketing, operations, safety, analytical, advance research, domains, dg, and packaging to bring consumer relevant and competitive products in the market.
- Create consumer knowledge map with CMI/Competition intelligence and Evaluation Intelligence to identify
- Market and consumer deep dive
- Technology differentiation
- Managing the brand development lab teams ensuring right people in the right function and ensure their development and upskilling. Retain talent and further strengthen the succession plan.
- Recommends and supports training for team development and supports their growth.
- Continue to strengthen Safety Culture across R&I; meet mandatory safety training requirement.
- Maintain timelines for Officializing formulas for an ACD DMI Brand to manufacture with all accompanying ingredient and product specifications and clearances as required for general safety, microbiology, claim support, processing, and product/package interaction.
- Project management with marketing, operations, valorization, and top management with budget and organization of new and maintenance launches.
- Tracks the progress of all ongoing projects and supports project leaders with pain-points, technical expertise, and management feedback within project status and laboratory meetings.
- Plans and cooperates with departmental peers on skincare departmental activities.
You Have . . .
- Bachelor's level degree in science or engineering is required.
- Masters / PhD in a natural science (Biology, Chemistry, etc) or engineering (Chemical, Biomedical, Material Science) is preferred.
- 8-10+ years of experience in Skin Care Product Development in Active Cosmetic industries is required.
- Experience with Active Skincare and OTC products, a Must-Have.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a Permanent, ongoing basis, without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
- Strong technical background in formulation.
- Viewed as a leading strategical, innovating, and leader in the industry.
- Must have good management skills, leading and developing a team of scientific professionals.
- Must be able to articulate and implement a vision and motivate team members and able to manage a team to achieve brand goals & objectives.
You Are . . .
- Has a solid knowledge of the competition and well as consumer perceptions and desires to create innovative products with strong technical rationale.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work cross-functionally as well as internationally to achieve business goals.
- Must be able to think and plan strategically, with the ability to be creative and think “outside the box” with resources.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]port.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.