The Clinical Innovation team within Advanced Research is responsible for driving upstream clinical discoveries of bioactives, formulations, and devices that will be transformed into consumer products. This requires strong scientific expertise and strategy to continuous improve of our innovation methodologies, in order to successfully drive new technology development for skin and hair products. Reporting to the AVP of Translational Medicine & Clinical Innovation team, the Director of Clinical Innovation will be managing a team of 4-5 scientists with activities across the Americas zone. This role will have exciting opportunities to collaborate globally and cross-functionally with technical innovation teams, multifunctional project leaders, and key stake holders in the innovation process, as well as external research partners.
- Lead all upstream clinical activities in the Americas zone, manage innovation and operations including knowledge, method development, and Proof of concept studies for new active ingredients, devices, or combinations, with a focus on delivering superior efficacy
- Build strategy for a strong, sustainable upstream clinical evaluation pipeline, in supporting local and global Discovery, Invention, and Application Domains. Ensure all milestones of team are reached with highest level of efficiency and quality
- Maintain strong alliance with key partners globally (Domain leaders, project teams, Development labs, Product Performance Evaluation team, Safety/Regulatory/Claims); Expand external partnerships and collaborations with leading dermatologists, cosmetic surgeons, and clinical research facilities
- Strengthen clinical excellence in the Americas zone in collaboration and integration with Global clinical platforms in EU and Asia
- Be rigorous, ensure team’s operation with strong scientific conviction, adhere to regulatory guidelines, Good Clinical Practice, and internal quality procedures (IRB submission, Quality assurance, Data management, Statistical analysis, reporting, etc.)
- Provide a cultivating environment for team’s professional growth and develop talent in collaboration with line of managers and HR team
- Ph.D. or equivalent in a relevant biomedical field, with a minimum 8 years of experience in Cosmetic or Pharmaceutical industry. At least 5 years of hands-on experience managing clinical efficacy projects; Previous experience in cosmeceutical active evaluation, new clinical method development, device or OTC evaluation is required
- Strong leadership and management skills and ability to influence decision
- Strong knowledge of FDA regulation, skin aging, pigmentation, and photoprotection is required
- Excellent oral/written communication skill and presentation skill
- Strong track record on scientific publication
- Available for travel (~10%), both domestic and international
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US on an on-going basis
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.