| || |
Job description: Category Sourcing Director – Makeup Team Lead
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Translate vision of the domain into goals of the team
- Manage and develop a team with different level of maturity in their roles and with different complexities and challenges in their categories, in different zones.
- Provide a fair feedback to the team for them to grow and become more autonomous over time
- Understand the Category Sourcing purpose within the Organization
- Develop a strong network with Key/Strategic suppliers in Americas to become the first point of contact for strategic discussion
- Conduct complex negotiation with Suppliers to ensure L’Oreal competitive advantage. Anticipate the project milestones & secure supplier solutions in contractual agreements (Commercial Agreements, IP for Innovation, supply securization, BCPs)
- Animate innovation network to capture, track and communicate supplier contribution to Innovation, to then drive Innovation internally with the internal stakeholders.
- Develop a strong network in Americas across the different functions: starting with the Business Teams, Open Development, Plant & Development teams to develop Sourcing Strategies in collaboration with them, considering the different business needs.
- Develop a strong and strategic network outside Americas (with the WW Sourcing Teams) in order to guarantee the Americas voice is voiced in WW initiatives and strategies.
- Identify the long term challenges for L’Oreal Americas or seek the opportunities to create strong and sustainable competitive edge for the zone, and able to present, defend and convince Upper management merits and benefits of the Project/Sourcing Strategy.
- Autonomously influence cross functional Business Sourcing Teams & Worldwide Sourcing Teams
- Present & defend financial results to upper management (Sourcing and Operations)
This job is at the core of L’Oreal businesses, bridging suppliers’ capabilities and consumers’ needs by having a telescopic view of the business, understanding the strategic fit with the Group, in order to create a long-term competitive advantage for L’Oreal Americas. Therefore, it is a direct contribution to the business development of L’Oreal Americas. This unique job enables a very good understanding of L’Oreal Business, the creation of a tremendous internal and external network, the management of a talented team and the development of cutting-edge sourcing strategies to create competitive edge. The perfect candidate would demonstrate the following:
- > 2 years‘ experience in a Team management
- > 5 years’ experience in Sourcing, especially in Category Sourcing Management
- Ability to navigate in a fast-moving and complex environment (FMCGs). Experience in Cosmetics is a plus.
- Aptitude to understand the big picture, but also palatability for understanding the details.
- Understand the long-term stakes to set up the right level of relationship with the suppliers and the internal stakeholders
- Aptitude to drive complex negotiations, both externally and internally.
- Lead by example in front of the team and peers
- Very good communication skills to cross functions and Top Management
- Demonstrate good sense of complexity management & discipline to organize the time and mobilize the team between Short Term Deliverables without lose the Long-Term Deliverables.
- Autonomy in action/execution
- Demonstrate Empathy