Job Title: Director, eCommerce & Digital Platforms
Reports to: Assistant Vice President- Consumer Activation Lead
Location: New York, NY
This role covering eCommerce and Digital Platforms will work closely with the AVP, Consumer Activation Lead to build best-in-class digital experiences for consumers on the Carol’s Daughter & SoftSheen Carson websites. This key role is responsible for leading and executing holistic and consumer centric programs – with the responsibility of key performance drivers such as conversion, qualified traffic, loyalizing existing users, recruiting new and enhancing & building ‘services’ on-site. This individual will be instrumental in developing the brands digital roadmap to meet the needs of our consumer including personalization and bringing innovation to the brands, as well as valorizing our brand and building equity on site.
This role is responsible for the Carol’s Daughter & SoftSheen Carson brands, with an opportunity to expand as global lead in 6-12 months with expanded scope. The brands are at an acceleration cross-roads, and a new site build will be imminent to ensure one global platform solution to provide countries’ the ability to build layers applicable to their own markets. Launch, and management of this solution will be required in the future.
- Execute eCommerce strategy in support of overall business growth & revenue targets; oversight of daily web operations including business planning, forecasting, product optimization, content strategy & development, online marketing & customer service.
- Develop a selling strategy linked to etailers and track business return.
- Develop data strategies cross-functionally, and map out site plans to capture rich data for best, personalized experiences meeting consumers specific needs
- Leverage customer insight and constantly monitor the competitive landscape and market conditions to identify and take action on opportunities, issues, and risks.
- Lead initiatives to improve the customer experience including site speed and performance, site navigation, and clear paths to purchase.
- Partnership with cross-functional teams and SEO agency, track and optimize on-going.
- Oversee the planning and development of site production and ensure all cross-functional deliverables are met in accordance with assigned deadlines.
- Oversee innovation and new concept development, strategy, planning, testing, and implementation of all e-commerce and platform initiatives.
- Lead analytics and make decisions through use of comprehensive web metrics
- Effectivey manage day-to-day digital partner and vendor relationships
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills - strong presentation skills are required
- Project Management skills – ability to manage concurrent projects with a great sense of detail and timing.
- Ability to work cross functionally and influence key decision makers in the organization
- High analytical skills and ability to communicate technical data to non-technical audience.
- A self-motivator with strong interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude.
- Intuitive and inquisitive self-starter with passion for product, consumers and retail.
- A proactive team player who thrives in a goal-oriented, dynamic, ever-changing, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment while juggling multiple priorities with a sense of urgency.
- Exceptional leadership, vision, entrepreneurial spirit and drive for success.
Education/ Experience/ Licenses or Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Advanced Degree desired) and 8+ years of eCommerce and digital marketing experience within the beauty, CPG, or relevant luxury industry.
- Deep understanding of the Commerce ecosystem both technical and business aspects
- Previous formal sales, sales management and channel experience or exposure
- Hands-on experience with digital brand marketing, consumer-direct marketing and social media marketing.
- Strong understanding of marketing principles and application – branding, advertising, CRM, analytics, SEM and SEO.
- Demonstrated experience for UX best practices, site navigation, user flow and content management
- Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and web-based applications.
- Must have experience with Ecommerce backend systems (Demandware a plus) and emarketing CMS (Sitecore a plus)
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS languages a plus
- Must be proficient in Google Analytics and other reporting systems