L'OREAL USA - Hudson Yards, NYC
Director, Product Owner, DTC eCommerce
Reports to: AVP, eCommerce Acceleration
The Product Owner, DTC eCommerce has full oversight of L'Oreal USA’s (LUSA) migration to, and adoption of, the new Global eCommerce platform. In addition to overseeing the expedited migration of all LUSA DTC sites to the new platform, the Product Owner will develop and own a product roadmap to pursue transversal opportunities. The Product Owner is responsible for defining, designing, and driving the development and management of the features and functionality needed to accelerate the DTC channel - with the consumer’s journey as the center of our mindsets.
You will represent the US market in all Global eCommerce product forums and will partner closely with Divisional and Cross Functional corporate stakeholders to identify, prioritize, and analyze the largest digital opportunities across our portfolio of LUSA DTC websites. The Product Owner achieves results through facilitation and collaboration with key stakeholders, at all levels of the organization, across the Business, Operations and Digital IT. The Product Owner also plays a critical role in fueling Digital Transformation within the LUSA organization, pivoting from a Project based workflow to an agile Product model. In addition to the migration and functionality roadmaps, s/he will be responsible for tracking product KPIs, overseeing platform governance and evangelizing feature adoption success stories throughout the organization.
This role requires eCommerce expertise, a solution-oriented mindset, the ability to clearly translate business team pain points into functional requirements and a high level of comfort working in a technical environment. The Product Owner must be a self-starter who can work well across multiple teams and stakeholders. This role requires strong communication and presentation skills, comfort with analyzing data, and ability to manage competing priorities.
The Product Owner oversees a UX Manager and has dotted line responsibility for 4 Division Project Managers.
This role drives collaboration and influences multiple levels of leadership to execute on the following key deliverables –
- Define and lead the product feature roadmap & development for NGLORA Onboarding & Feature Strategy, including managing the backlog and priorities
- Manage development and launch of new capabilities, enhancements, features and functionality across US ecommerce sites
- Lead execution of site localizations, new feature sets and customer experiences
- Ensure alignment with the global roadmap by working closely with the Global Product Owner
- Collaborate with key business stakeholders and cross-functional teams, including Digital business owners, Customer Experience, Marketing, Creative, IT, Operations and 3rd party partners to ensure effective implementation, seamless end-to-end experiences and alignment with business needs
- Produce detailed requirements and specifications for new features
- Communicate regularly with users to gather feedback on the site experience, identify pain points, and inform the priority and direction of the product roadmap.
- Perform User Acceptance Testing and approval on the launch of new enhancements
- Analyze KPIs/customer journeys to monitor and maximize effectiveness/ROI of both existing capabilities and new capabilities
The accomplished individual will possess –
- Bachelor’s Degree with progressive experience in a product management and ecommerce role
- Creative problem solver with the ability to prioritize initiatives and anticipate business needs
- Strong product management skills; ability to solve problems and overcome obstacles to build product and deliver results in incremental and iterative way
- Ability to build effective partnerships and interact successfully with diverse individuals at all levels
- Strong leadership and entrepreneurship skills
- Desire to build process into ambiguous situations
- Passion for user-centric design; commitment to research, competitive analysis, user/stakeholder reviews, analytics and un-biased recommendations in a highly collaborative environment.
- Prior experience with Google Analytics and SFCC/Demandware platform preferred
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, innovatively, and creatively using sound business judgment and quantitative skills
- Proven ability to build trust and influence others
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities with attention to detail
- A positive attitude and passion for building businesses; entrepreneurial drive and a self-starter mindset
- Working knowledge of Agile Methodology
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered. #DDIR