Job Title: Director – Omni Channel eRetail & DDX (Data Driven Experience) - Biolage
Division: Professional Products Division
Location: New York, NY – Hudson Yards HQ
Reports to: Senior Vice President – Biolage - Head of Brand
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L’Oréal Professional Products, our mission is to support hairdressers and develop the hair industry sustainably, and lead the digital transformation of our industry with a customer-centric approach. Our brands portfolio includes L’Oréal Professionnel, Kerastase, Redken, Matrix, and Pureology.
What You Will Learn:
Biolage seeks a passionate and digital candidate to lead our eRetail team and drive Biolage’s consumer marketing strategy. The Director of Omni eRetail and DDX (Data Driven Experience - CRM) is a critical member of the overall Marketing team supporting the business across retailers including Amazon.com, Ulta/Ulta.com, and Saloncentric.com as well as leading the brand’s DDX and platform strategy. This individual will work collaboratively across the US Marketing and Global DMI teams to create and develop the Omni eRetail presence across channels, set the brand’s consumer and pro CRM approach as well as lead Biolage.com. The ideal candidate will have a growth mindset, strong digital background, project management experience, ability to multi-task and work in fast paced environments, excellent attention to detail, and a collaborative team spirit. This position has one direct report: Manager Omni eRetail & DDX.
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- The Director will ensure that Biolage has a best-in-class online (and where relevant, in-store) presence to win and grow market share across professional & prestige haircare
- Biolage operates indirect eCommerce accounts, and the focus will center on content, improving the user experience, driving the algorithm, supporting merchandising/visibility with the accounts and facilitating Account Manager needs
- In consort with Account Teams, the Director will be responsible for media planning, launch activations, in-store (where relevant) trade marketing, and tentpole promotional plans to ensure the business achieves its annual sales objectives
- Primary point of contact between US eRetail, DMI eComm and US Marketing teams for ensuring Omni eComm assets, launch materials and digital content meets quality standards and deadlines for all Retailers, including communicating content needs, retailer requirements, and sharing best practices:
- Ensure new product launches and PDP refreshes are optimized with best practices, within brand guidelines and within each eRetailer’s requirements
- Work with Marketing team and eRetail teams closely on in-store marketing materials, content creation and execution (signage, displays, sampling, GWPs, videos, etc.)
- Support creative briefing process and manage project workflows to ensure deadlines are met
- Brief new asset requests to DMI or internal content partners for creation of new or optimized assets
- Build best in class PDPs for all new product launches and optimizations across all retailers (Above and Below the Fold) using their templates, systems and tools as needed (Excel, Syndigo, Edge, Opera, etc.)
- Identify opportunities to test and learn new approaches to best support the individual goals and needs of the various Retailers (in-store and online)
DDX (Data Driven Experience)
- Responsible for developing the DDX strategy for the Brand for both Consumer and Pro Databases, initiatives to reach database growth targets, meet or exceed email benchmarks and calendar working with Manager of eRetail and DDX
- Identify opportunities to test and learn new approach to improve the campaign metrics for email activation
What We Are Looking For:
- Minimum 7-10 years of Trade Marketing, eRetail or site merchandising experience.
- Strong understanding of the Digital and Beauty Industry
- Proactive and results-oriented thinker who would flourish in an entrepreneurial environment
- High proficiency in MS Word and PowerPoint programs.
- Communicates clearly and succinctly in both oral and written forms
- Ability to translate product initiatives into brand stories for best in class in-store moments and online presence, with a consumer first mindset
- Ability to collaboratively work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Must demonstrate strong critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Must be skilled at executing within tight timeframes with attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly organized with proven multi-tasking and project management skills
What’s In It For You:
- Salary Range: $140,100 – $203,200 (The actual compensation will depend on a variety of job-related factors which may include geographic location, work experience, education, and skill level)
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities for Career Progression (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.