Position Title: Manager Store Learning & Development - Professional Products Division Brands
Reports to: Sr. Manager of Store Learning & Development Professional Products Division Brands
***This position can be performed anywhere in the US***
The Manager, Store Learning & Development provides support in the planning, creation, and execution of SalonCentric Store Learning & Development programs. These programs include, but are not limited to, e-learning modules as it pertains to Brand Portfolios, Brand Launches and Beauty Guru training/education, the creation and execution of the Monthly Store communications, social media content creation and specialized SalonCentric trainings. In addition, The Manager, Learning & Development has the responsibility to effectively manage the planning and coordination of all brand events, experiences, and activities in partnership with the sales, marketing and education teams. The Manager, Learning & development ensures that the level of support is consistently delivered and aligned with PPD Brand standards.
The Manager, Learning and Development is responsible for building strong relationships with the PPD Brand’s Education, Sales & Marketing Teams and key business partners at SalonCentric, through the collaboration and implementation of in-store learning & development as well as education initiatives to grow the PPD Brand business at SalonCentric.
- Participates in the planning and execution of SalonCentric in-store education
- Partners with PPD Sales Team on customized education to support specific Markets/Regions based on business needs
- Marketing, Sales & Education Liaison specific to curated content to support Brand initiatives
- Planning and execution of all SalonCentric New Store Openings – Education & Resources
- Partner with Brand Education & Marketing on Learning & Development Projects to drive Brand launches and Big Bets
- Partner with SalonCentric Learning & Development and PPD teams to provide onboarding, Brand training, and Brand portfolio extension / launch learning modules
- Partner with SalonCentric and PPD teams on Guru training programs to support development in technical skill, Social Media, Merchandising, and Business practices
- Work collaboratively with PPD Education Team on SalonCentric Beauty Guru Glam Camp
- Partner with PPD Education Training Teams on Artist needs and support
- Work with Sr. Manager Store Education & PPD Brand partners on Class Content & Product Lists
- Conduct Stylist facing Focus Groups to gain insight on trends & techniques
- Support Marketing Teams on SalonCentric Beauty Guru activities – Demos & Product/Material Orders
- Works with SalonCentric Stores and District Mentors to help manage, promote, and sell out all classes
- Partners with SalonCentric Store Education Manager on Class logistics and execution for TDM Events and Trainings
- Management of Artist Bookings and Timesheet Approvals for TDM Event and Trainings
- PRF Requests and Processing for Brand launch incentives
- Creation and Distribution of Education Communication, Support Materials & Resources for TDM Event and Trainings
- PO Requests and Management
- Shop Orders to support Education Programs and Events for TDM’s
- Analyze SalonCentric monthly reporting on click rates and ratings of all content provided
- Manage all content provided to SalonCentric for learning platforms to ensure consistency in messaging with Brand initiatives, including removal of content as needed
- Development and implementation of resources for best practices for store associates as it pertains to PPD Brands
- Fact Sheets, Recaps and Debriefs of Events and Meetings
- Education Reporting and Fuel Budget reconciliation
- Participate in all Corporate Calendar activity as directed.
- Attend Store specific Brand and SalonCentric Meetings as directed
- Ability to manage a high volume of activity, with adaptability to changing demands
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of business and educational aspects of SalonCentric / PPD Brands
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership skills to motivate and inspire Field Teams (Stores and Artists)
- Ability to analyze data, including but not limited to: education efficacy, budgeting and financial reconciliation.
- Have a thorough understanding of social and digital platforms
- Clear, consistent communication that is inclusive and influences internal and external team members
- Proven ability to develop strong relationships with business partners
- Proactively responds to changes in the business environment and readily shifts roles and priorities to meet these changes
- Ability to handle and manage ambiguity
- 5 years experience in Professional Beauty Industry
- 3-5 years of event planning and brand education experience
- Ability to work weekends as needed
- Ability and interest in travel (25%)
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft applications including Power-Point, Excel and Word (required) and SalesForce.com (preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree preferable
- Cosmetology license preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.