The world leader in beauty, L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 32 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men around the world. We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal encourages diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005. Our brands are leaders in beauty, and we are looking for you to lead the change you want to see in L’Oréal.
What are key highlights of this role?
In this strategic role, you will be the expert in e-retail across the Consumer Products Division and will proactivity drive business growth within this area. You will be responsible for defining the e-retail strategy with the Commercial Directors and Digital Directors and ensuring that you are at the leading edge of e-retail. You will be creative with a proven ability of driving your ideas forward, as well as possessing a can-do attitude and strong commercial acumen.
In this role, you will work with the current team of National Account Managers dedicated to servicing Boots, Superdrug, Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Waitrose, Wilkinson’s and Ocado. Ensuring excellent customer service is delivered consistently; you will be responsible for growing L’Oréal’s E-Retail business within these accounts. You will use a collaborative approach, striving towards mutually beneficial outcomes. You will be set commercial budgets shared with you by the relevant National Account Managers on each account.
You will be fully accountable for the activation plans for each e-retail site by brand. You will work with the National Account Managers to pre-agree any investments in advance. In addition you will work closely with the marketing and digital teams to ensure that their strategies and visions are being reflected in your e-retailers.
- Establish L’Oréal as a best in class supplier which retailers will see as first choice to work with online
- Negotiate and align joint business plans with e-retailers to create strong relationships with regular reviews of joint KPIs. Build an e-commerce charter and negotiate specific trade agreements to include service level agreements, the sharing of consumer data and sell out data
- Work closely with the Category Management team and our retailers to improve the performance of our categories online. Gain category captaincy by leveraging promotions, loyalty, assortment, page content and consumer care
- With the Category Management team, design and deliver the H&B category vision and action plan. Understand the multichannel landscape and path to purchase to drive role of digital within the mix to ultimately drive sales
- Be an expert of e-commerce best practices both internally and externally. Coach and transfer expertise to Account Managers internally to ensure e-retail forms part of their retail plans
- Develop close working relationships with the web teams at our retailers to ensure that our products are shown in the best possible way online and are easier to purchase. Negotiate best in class search results on our products
- Develop and share qualitative content with our online partners and propose value added services to reach a sufficient display of services including videos and consumer reviews
- Provide feedback and revised proposals on how we can improve our bases sales within e-retailers
- To optimise and update the ranging and information on each product to give L’Oréal an advantage and liaise with key stakeholders for its delivery
- Design and implement an efficient method of product tracking and sales. This includes building and maintaining an accurate forecast, anticipating budget drifts and communicating plans in an actionable timeframe
- Track and monitor our e-commerce performance through KPIs
- Work with our partners to improve the logistic needs including product availability and specific deliveries
- Work with the Master data coordinators in both divisions to ensure that Brandbank (or other suppliers if required by retailer) is updated with the correct information, to feed the retailer websites.
- Educated to degree level
- Highly numerate – strong analytically
- Strong Communication skills – written and verbal
- Strong Presentation skills
- Commercially savvy / strong negotiator
- Experience in a fast paced sales environment
- Highly organised with prioritisation skills
- Experience in FMCG or retail sectors would be highly desirable.
- Previous experience in e-retail/e-commerce is highly desirable
What key skills are L’Oréal looking for?
- Demonstrates entrepreneurship
- Manages Complexity
- Achieves results with integrity
- Acts/Leads with human sensitivity
- Displays sensitivity to the métier
- Interacts effectively
What could L’Oréal offer me?
- World class training and development
- Excellent benefits including pension, profit share and product discounts and a competitive salary
- Work with some of the biggest brands in the business, and the most passionate people in beauty.
- The opportunity to lead change you want to see within the biggest beauty company in the world.