KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
Ensure the observance and the application on the site of the EHS system and policy of L'OREAL.
• Supports the managers to lead EHS activities in the field.
• Deliver general EHS training on site, and drive the EHS training program of the site with HR and managers.
• Ensure the regulatory monitoring, communicate about it, and propose actions to be in line with regulation.
• Implement continuously the L'Oreal EHS system and policy; assess the requirements' conformity of the site.
• Bring his/her expertise during risk analysis.
• Carry out EHS internal audits (control of non-conformities, implement and follow-up corrective actions).
• Contribute to enquiries about accidents, incidents and occupational disease.
• Contribute to an exhaustive and accurate group EHS reporting.
• Contribute to reduce the environmental impact in his/her perimeter of activity.
• Contribute to EHS & Facilities team projects and initiatives
General Duties in terms of the ISO 14001:2015 & BS OHSAS 18001:2007 standards
• Designing and updating of procedures i.e. SOP’s & OPL’s
• Arranging and planning surveys (Environmental & Health and Safety)
• Induction Safety Training for new employees and contractors
• Occupational Health and Safety act / Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
• Conducting Accident and Incident Investigations
• Managing reporting and close out of items raised on Mesur & SIO
• Complete Safety Validations on all equipment as per the register
• Monthly Safety Reports (OKAPI)
• Updating all Safety Statistics and Graphs
• Reporting Lost time injuries and all Sec 24 Incidents and Accidents
• Arranging and planning Internal Training incl. updating the training matrix
• Issuing and Stock Control of Personal Protective Equipment
• Arranging and planning Internal and External audits (Local and DGO Requirements)
• Raise non-conformances and incidents on the OVS rapid reporting system
• Follow-up completion of Corrective Actions raised on the OVS rapid reporting system.
• Arrange, Plan, Conduct and Minute the Annual Management Review
• Ensure that the legal register is kept up to date and all changes are
communicated to relevant staff
• Define EHS objectives for the site and assist Departmental Managers in
compiling individual objectives for their area
• Ensure effective communication and understanding of the Group EHS Policy
• Ensure that all on site level understands the requirements of the technical
instructions and procedures
• Ensure that safety rules are applied/ adhered to by everyone on site
• Create communication tools
• Ensure that all subjects discussed in the EHS Steering Committee is followed-up
and completed and clearly set out in the EHS Manual
• Compile and annual EHS plan and ensure realization of all actions
• Create and ensure full implementation and understanding of the Site
• Arrange and conduct Emergency Drills and follow up on actions
• Fire prevention and fire protection of the site
• Ensure enough people are trained as First aiders and Fire fighters
• Classification and management of chemicals
• Update a formal register for all the chemicals containing all relevant
emergency information, PPE etc. and tracking MSDS’s
• Reviewing Method of Manufacturing for all new formulas with the Process
• Reviewing chemical status and classification in SAP
• Plan, update and manage budget for EHS
• Management of contractors and issuing of permits to work
And any other duties and responsibilities that the EHS & Facilities Manager might deem
PROFESSIONAL & TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
[EHS] NURTURES THE PIONEERING SPIRIT
• Foster innovation and creativity to protect the environment and reduce impact
• Benchmark, apply and share EHS best practices from external and internal
[EHS] "MAKE IT HAPPEN" WITH OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE AND AGILITY
• Provide EHS technical expertise
• Apply L’Oréal’s EHS policy and management system
• Sponsor and drive the L’Oreal ergonomics program
• Analyze data and propose adapted solutions to the management team
• Promote and deploy interdependent EHS culture
• Planning Skills
• Document control and document management Skills
• Decision Making Skills
• Good verbal communication
• Pay attention to detail
• Able to handle pressure/conflict
• Good numerical ability
• People management skills
• Team player
• Able to retain optimism despite setbacks
• Analytical skills
• Risk management ability
• Articulate with management and Power point presentations
• Must be able to work in a vast changing environment where there’s a
proper daily planning.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERENCE & KNOWLEGDE
• BSC/ BTech/ Diploma Chemical Engineering
• SAMTRAC/NEBOSH or equivalent safety qualification
• SHE incident investigation and Root Cause Analysis
• Hazard identification & Risk Assessment
• Understanding the OHS Act and regulations incl. the COID Act
• Implementation of a management system & internal auditing either from
• Minimum 5 years working experience in an operations environment, preferably in
industrial / manufacturing environment
• Minimum 2 years’ experience working with processes, preferably in industrial /
• Working knowledge of relevant local legislation (e.g. Environmental
and Health and Safety)
• Working knowledge of ISO14001 & OHSAS 18001 standards