Job: ENGINEERING & SUSTAINABILITY PROJECT MANAGER
Reports to: Plant Director
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Contribute towards the design and performance improvement of facilities and information systems for production and utilities.
- Be a source of proposal in their domain of expertise (technologies, project management, methods…).
- Manage manufacturing equipment investment projects in line with Manufacturing policies.
- Assist the plants according to their needs, to improve the technical performances of production and utilities installations.
- Elaborate methods for performance optimization specifically for manufacturing equipment, or the organization of manufacturing (OPTILINE, OPTIMA, OPTICIP, SIZE).
- Assess and elaborate action plan to support “L’Oréal for the future” deployment (Water scan, Energy scan,).
- Design and execute Green project (Solar panel, bio gas, Water reclaim) in order to reduce our eco foot- print.
- Ensure the consistency of L’OREAL processes through the Manufacturing community.
- Display to the production and other back offices of the site services and infrastructures necessary to their work and performance objectives.
- Ensure the protection and the sustainability of the site property and assets.
- Maintain secure environment for employees, buildings, and assets by establishing security policies and procedures.
- Maintain regular and transparent contacts with local authorities.
- Allow or prohibit the operation of installations, buildings, or equipment on the site, according to the results of the risk analysis.
TECHNICAL / PROFESSIONAL & PERSONAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
CONTROLS RISKS AND OPERATES RESPONSIBLY
• Monitor and apply local regulations and L’Oréal directives
• Conduct internal audits and manage external audits
• Apply and manage risk evaluation methods
• Manage prevention of risks regarding people, buildings, and the environment
• Manage and maintain site fire protection systems
• Define and manage emergency plans
• Manage strong and transparent relationships with local authorities
• Design and maintain site utilities and building
• Monitor and manage maintenance and new installations projects
NURTURES THE PIONEERING SPIRIT
• Foster innovation and creativity to protect the environment and reduce impact of activities
• Benchmark, apply and share best practices from external and internal entities
EDUCATION KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a related science/ engineering or business with industry experience or an associate degree a related science or business.
- Preferred Master’s degree in environmental management or Chemical/Environmental Engineering.
- 8 - 10 years’ experience within an Operations and Manufacturing environment (FMCG)
- Solid Environmental Management within Operations and Manufacturing environments
- Excellent understanding of Environmental Legislation
- Experience in all fields of Sustainability