Redken & Pureology Education Consultant
Leeds/ North East/West
When you look at L’Oréal, what do you see? If all you see is lipstick, look again and experience the Freedom to go Beyond the ordinary. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal. We operate in 150 countries on 5 continents. With 36 international brands and 86,000 employees worldwide, we’re well on our way to fulfilling our common purpose: to create beauty that moves the world.
By 2030 we want to capture over another 1 billion consumers around the world. How? By creating cosmetic products which meet the infinite diversity of consumers beauty needs and desires, and always through digital innovation. Not only that but taking our sustainability goals seriously; moving us to a more inclusive and sustainable society, for every generation.
Our brands, dynamic culture, and always being our own challenger mean that we offer freedom and opportunity you won’t get anywhere else.
If you want the Freedom to go Beyond, we’ll see you at L’Oréal.
In the Professional Products Division, our mission is to support hairdressers and develop the hair industry sustainably, while benefiting all. We’re the founding Division for the L’Oréal group, having history more than 110 years ago.
Here, you’ll be constantly looking to create connections between our brands, professionals and consumers in every market. Our mission is to always reinvent professional beauty and lead the digital transformation of our industry with a customer-centric approach.
The Professional Products Division is universally known for exclusively supplying salons and other professional customers with the most advanced technologies in hair and beauty products. The 8 brands within this division are L’Oréal Professionnel, Kérastase, Shu Uemura Art of Hair, Redken, Pureology, Matrix, Biolage and Pulp Riot. Our brands have made us the world leader in professional beauty products and one of the most dynamic places to pursue your career in the UK.
• Work alongside some of the world's greatest hairdressers in a varied and creative role that offers a richly rewarding and successful future.
• Execute and deliver courses to salons within your territory, our Regional Venues, or hubs as well as in our Academy that is based in London.
• Share our passion for inspiring others to maximise their performance through colour and retail.
• Have an appreciation for superior service and will reflect the values of a superior brand in this arena.
• Liaise with some of the leading names in the hairdressing industry, as part of our dynamic education team.
• Work on projects to enhance the business and raise the profile of education. Such as the development of new course programs, working with freelance educators and always thinking of ways in which we can increase our education reach.
• Set yourself demanding goals and challenge obstacles that may come up to, ultimately, achieve them.
• Be focused on quality, execution, and attention to detail in all that you undertake. You will not compromise on standards, and you will see yourself as a true entrepreneur of the brand and business.
• Value innovation as a business strategy. You will keep up to the minute with current trends and have a good understanding of what our competitors’ brands are bringing to the market.
• Be passionate about the hair & beauty industry, and understand the importance of aesthetic quality, detail and the perfect choice of colour and retail.
• Be a true champion of the brand, working with your fellow teams to create a compelling vision for the future.
- Every single day, you proactively spot opportunities to shake things up & make a difference.
- . You build contingency into your plans.
- Able to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- . There’s no blueprint for the future. You’ll have to design it.
• Adventurous. L’Oréal is for pioneers. So, you’ll embrace challenges and change.
• Only human. You’ll make mistakes sometimes, but you have no fear of failure because you’re smart enough to learn from mistakes.
• Ambitious. You crave success and we’ll support you all the way. That way, we all win.
• Respectful. Whoever you’re talking to, you treat everyone the same.
• One of the team. Even if you’re Superman or Wonder Woman, you recognise that teams are the real heroes. And so do we.
- Able to be both a strong team contributor and able to work independently when required.
- To new ways of doing things. To other people’s (sometimes crazy) ideas.
- You’re real. And you’re true to yourself. We cherish and celebrate diversity, so you’ll feel right at home whoever you are.
• Experience in delivering Technical Workshops, Presentations and Classes.
• NVQ Level 2 & 3.
• Experience as an advanced colour expert, being commercially astute and understanding the importance of selling.
• Exceptional confidence.
• Technical competence, cutting competence and styling competence.
• Strong communication skills at all levels.
• Strong networking skills and experience of building relationships with clients.
• Experience in Microsoft Office Packages, namely PowerPoint, Outlook and Word.
• The ability to inspire, motivate, coach, and develop people.
• A passion for the haircare Industry.
• Strong organisational skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• The ability to work in an ever changing & demanding environment.
• An aptitude for our profession through a true sensitivity to our products & our market.
Ambition: You anticipate, think, and dream big, demonstrating a high level of aspiration. You are self-driven and show proactivity, especially when seeing problems as challenges. You thrive for exceptional performance.
Judgement: You can balance operational and strategic thinking, challenging the status quo and managing confrontation effectively. You cut quickly through complexity and ambiguity whilst also thinking sustainably and are future-oriented. You reduce complexity to get things done.
Resilience: You always demonstrate purpose and ownership mindset but manage your own energy well. You uphold positivity for others and persist, bouncing back when faced with obstacles. You step back at times and accept limits.
Empathy: You cooperate and network effectively, creating genuine and trustful relationships with diverse people. You are sensitive to beauty and related emotions, always supporting others and showing benevolence. You understand and respect others’ feelings and motives.
Learning Agility: You are a self-motivated learner, showing self-awareness and demonstrating openness and curiosity. You experiment and learn from mistakes and past experiences, always showing courage and stepping out of your comfort zone. You support the development of a learning culture.
We put people development and learning at the heart of our business; we’ll help you master your role; develop your technical expertise and you’ll benefit from exceptional management and leadership programmes. From face-to-face workshops to our global online learning resources, you’re actively encouraged to embed learning into your daily life and are rewarded for continuous improvement. Every employee is entitled to 3 Coursera credits; that means you can get qualifications from over 1000 universities from around the world, with thousands of courses to choose from.
Looking for a good work/life balance? With our new hybrid working scheme, you can take a flexible approach to work as well as benefit from early finishes on Fridays during the summer...so you can enjoy more time with your friends and family.
As any great employer should do, we make sure we look after your financial wellbeing. That’s why we have a great pension plan, profit share scheme and many more incentives to give you the security you deserve. We also put employee health and wellbeing at the front of everything we do; fully training employees as mental health ambassadors to support and educate ourselves further. There’s also the chance to enrol in medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, health check-ups and even yoga and Pilates classes to employees in all of our locations.
Oh, did we mention that as an employee you also get discount sales of up to 70% off throughout the year on our 36 brands? Plus, you also get the option to share that in our Friends and Family sales as well!
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome, and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities, and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.