Job Title: Education Experience Manager - National
Brand: L'Oreal Professionnel
Supervisor Title: Asst. Vice President Field Training & Experiences
Location: Field Education/Remote
Section 2: Job Summary
The Education Experience & Event Manager (EEM) has the responsibility to effectively manage the planning and coordination of L’Oreal Professionnel events, experiences and activities in a defined geographical territory. The EEM role ensures that the level of support is consistently delivered and aligned with L’Oreal Professionnel standards.
The EEM needs to build strong relationships with the education teams within the field, distributor partners and the corporate office through the collaboration and implementation of education and business programs, in-salon education to support increase in market share and new partner activities.
The EEM will work closely with the DOE, EM and DBM to plan and implement LP partner programs in their designated territory. The EAM is also responsible for managing the logistics and successful execution of education and ticketed events in their territory. In order to achieve this, the EEM mush exhibit excellent communication and organizational skills, negotiation skills, a diligent work ethic, flexibility, creative thinking and the ability to work independently and within a team atmosphere.
Section 3: Job Requirements:
- High School graduate. College graduates a plus.
- Ability to travel (minimum 50%)
- At least 3 – 5 years of event planning, education and/or professional beauty industry experience. Management/supervisory experience is a plus
- Superior communication skills
- Vendor negotiation experience
- Ability to manage a high volume of activity, with adaptability to changing demands
- Knowledge of business and educational aspects of Salon Centric / distributor organization
- An understanding of Salon Centric / Distributor educational planning as it relates to class policies, use of field, contract trainers and event P & L
- Ability to plan, develop, and adhere to budgets, for all field training activity and T&E
- Strong facilitation skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong computer skills, including MS Excel/Word/PowerPoint (required) and SalesForce.com and/or SAP (preferred)
- Must live in designated geographical territory
- Ability to be flexible and accept change and be a team player
Key Understandings and Commitments:
- Understand and embrace the L’Oreal Professionnel Culture and Philosophy.
- Full comprehension of L’Oreal Professionnel Education and Training.
- Participate in all corporate events inclusive of Divisional Meetings and SEM Meetings.
- Supports L’Oreal Professionnel events and shows as directed.
- Maintains technical competence under L’Oreal Professionnel standards.
- Attends divisional meetings and sales meetings as directed.
- Maintain the L’Oreal Professionnel Image as defined by the NYO.
Section 4: Judgment and Decision Making:
This position requires intermittent supervision as incumbent will be working independently the majority of the time in the field directly with our field education and sales team and distributor partners.
Section 5: Essential Physical Requirements
Limited travel within given territory (driving, flying, train, etc.), lifting of promotional materials and products up to 25 pound which may also require bending.
Section 7: Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
% of time spent.
Total should = 100%
- EDUCATION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION
- Responsible for the effective scheduling and tracking of LP field based programs and in-salon education as it relates to elite salon education plans including specialty programs.
- Work with EM and DOE for planning and implementation, budgeting, coordinating and logistics for L’Oreal Professionnel field based programs (Expert Network, Trend Events, Hair Fashion Events) and distributor shows and events.
- Participate in sell-ins and sales meetings as directed.
- Manages contracted Artist bookings, contracts and expense reports through the Event Management System.
- Works with DFE to establish class qualification and artist selection for localized distributor education.
- REGIONAL BUDGET OVERSIGHT
- Manages in salon educational fuel budgets for submission to the VP of Education and the DOE.
- Approve Randstad time sheets for all LP education events.
- Manage POs for the territory.
- Manage M43 orders for the territory.
- EXPERIENCE AND EVENT MANAGEMENT
- Works closely with DOE, EM, DBM and distributor to establish participation in and logistics of major distributor shows and training programs.
- Works with DOE to develop a 12-18 month educational plan for distributors.
- Support setup, event logistics and breakdown for events as needed.
Section 8: Required Competencies:
1. Sensitivity to Metier
2. Demonstrates Entrepreneurship
3. Achieves Results, with Integrity
4. Manages Complexity
5. Leads with Human Sensitivity
6. Interacts Effectively
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.