Job Title: Electronics Technician (ET)
Division: L’Oreal Operations
Location: North Little Rock, AR
Reports To: Technical Manager
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Operations, we create innovative, inclusive, and sustainable beauty together with our business partners by designing, developing, sourcing, manufacturing, and distributing over 6 billion products globally every year. We support over 36 brands across four L’Oréal divisions. We are consumer-oriented, and we act responsibly all along the value chain.
What You Will Do:
To efficiently and safely operate and maintain Programmable Logic Controllers, low voltage AC/DC electrical and electronic components, Robotic, and Vision Systems in processing and production areas.
What We Are Looking For
- High school education or a GED equivalency preferred
- AS degree in Electronics Technology or related field preferred; will accept candidates without AS degree who have 10 years of programming experience with PLCs and/or robotics;
- Minimum of two years industrial experience is required;
- Knowledge of Data Communications (R232, RS422Lan, AS-I, Profibus, Profinet, DH+, DH485, Ethernet, etc.). Must be able to use Windows based computers and perform basic networking tasks. Must have knowledge of NEC, and must be proficient in either RSLogix, Omron, Beckhoff , and/or Siemens programming languages;
- Prefer candidates with experience programming and maintaining robots from different manufacturers. (i.e. ABB, FANUC, KUKA, ADEPT, DENSO, MITSUBISHI, STAUBLI, etc);
- Prefer candidates with experience programming and maintaining HMIs utilizing (AB Panelbuilder, AB Panelview Plus, Siemens, etc.);
- Prefer candidates with experience programming and maintaining vision systems from different manufacturers. (i.e. Keyence, Cognex, Acuity, Banner, SICK, etc);
- Must have experience servicing, maintaining, installing and troubleshooting electronic equipment
General Job Duties
- Troubleshoot problems with production/processing machinery;
- Write and amend Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) programs;
- Maintain, install, and integrate vision systems, lasers coders, print & apply machines on pre-existing lines;
- Install, program, and troubleshoot AC and DC variable frequency drives;
- Troubleshoot faults with Robotic systems and perform basic programming changes;
- Utilize Computer Maintenance Management System for tracking and reporting labor;
- Communicate effectively with peer and management verbally and electronically;
- Install and terminate wire and cable in accordance with NEC and NFPA regulations;
- Assist Line Mechanics with projects and other mechanical duties as required;
- Clean equipment as necessary to ensure a safe and orderly work environment.
- Identify projects and improvement opportunities; research, source, and install materials as required.
- Perform electrical PM’s.
- Perform other duties as directed.
Tools and Equipment Used In Job
- Frequently use wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, wire cutters, power drills, other hand tools, and machine shop tools;
- Frequently use voltage meters, laptop computer, mobile handheld devices, and PLC software.
- Machinery may produce noise levels that exceed OSHA’s action level: Employees are provided with and are required to wear personal hearing protection devises in these areas;
- Moving machinery, such as forklifts: Employees required to operate a forklift must successfully complete forklift operator training;
- May work in small spaces;
- All Electronic Technicians are provided with and required to wear safety glasses, steel-toed shoes, and 100% cotton uniforms; must wear safety gloves
- All employees are properly trained in use of adjunct lifting/moving equipment and proper body mechanics;
- Working with electricity increases burn and shock hazard: Hazard recognition training provided.
- Trained and in compliance with ARC Flash regulations.
MANIPULATION REQUIREMENTS: (HANDS OR FEET) This position requires an individual to constantly perform one and/or all of the following movements/functions: Handle, reach, feel, perform fine motor manipulations with their hands, and perform gross motor manipulations involved in moving and installing machinery/equipment.
- Read, understand, and document specific instructions listed on the preventative maintenance sheet;
- Work independently and as a team member, make decisions, and use adequate organizational and time management skills;
- Maintain a safe, neat and clean work environment (5S) and follow all safety procedures;
- Perform the physical demands listed in the “Physical Demands” section using safe ergonomic techniques;
- Have working knowledge of the production process, items produced, and equipment utilized in maintaining production within specific industrial norms and standards;
- Have knowledge of electronic systems and components;
- Maintain a telephone, pager, radio or message system to ensure communication in the event of an emergency;
- Have visual/auditory acuity required to see/hear maintenance requests and warning alarms;
- Look for equipment inefficiencies/failures and for methods of improving the existing operations;
- Work flexible hours/shifts, including overtime;
- Demonstrate good attendance.
Marginal Job Duties
- Lift in excess of 50 lbs.
- Must produce World Class Results through teamwork.
- Must selflessly develop others through training.
- Must thrive within a changing organization.
- Efficiently produce quality cosmetics in the right quality at the right time for L’Oreal USA customers.
- Must create and provide an environment in which employees can work safely and thrive.
- Must act as a responsible citizen in our company and community.
- Must manage the plant’s assets to maximize our stockholders return.
- Must demonstrate a 100% responsibility and not make excuses or cast blame.
- Must implement and utilize the NLR L’Oreal USA communication model.
- Resolve conflicts directly.
- Must listen for understanding.
- Must have a positive attitude.
- Must be committed to team decisions.
- Must communicate effectively.
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
To learn more about L’Oréal’s commitment to sustainability, please click HERE
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other.