As a packaging engineer, you will be learning and using technical and soft skills to enable you to effectively support a packaging category or brand. You will be part of a team, participating in the teams vision, métier and personal goals.
You will be learning and beginning to communicate packaging’s position, to multiple audiences, both internally and externally. Gaining knowledge about the specific brand or category that you support, beginning to use your packaging knowledge to bring a technical position and solutions to the brands you support.
The role is expected to be dynamic, engaged at all levels, innovative, able to work in a fast environment and ready to contribute to the teams vision.
OVERALL BUSINESS ACUMEN & COMMUNICATION
- Developing good written and verbal communication skills, able to deal effectively with all levels of a diverse and global organization and supplier base
- Flexible approach to problem solving and ability to present technical solutions to your category head
- Learning about the technical elements necessary for the development and commercialization of new products, with an understanding of timing and financial impacts
- Learning self-management and organizational skills to manage documentation, materials and information for rapidly changing priorities
- Curiosity, creativity and out of the box thinking
- Ability to listen, to learn and to be a professional engineer that successfully elevates the attractiveness and visibility of the department
- Learning how you can support and contribute to a team vision in order to achieve department goals and objectives
- Developing the ability to partner and lead effectively across different functions and levels.
- Begin to develop relationships built on trust, collaboration, solid technical knowledge and business acumen.
- Participating in the translation of innovation or marketing conceptions, into technically industrialized products
- Developing an understanding in various mold functionalities and molding processes
- Begin gaining experience in working with various materials, the manufacturing, decorating techniques and functionality of primary, secondary and tertiary packaging
- Learning how to anticipate and recognize risks, analyze data, identify root causes, draw conclusion and deliver a solid technical report with viable packaging solutions to enable stakeholders to make quality decisions
- Exposure and immersion into the finished good manufacturing capabilities, supporting necessary line trials and how the component conception impacts efficiencies of the plant
FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES, INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO
- Learning to perform all of the below activities through trainings and supervised
- Learning and beginning to apply design to conception and design to cost
- Participate in supplier selection from a technical and overall business position
- Define, engineer and optimize technical conceptions
- Participating in the process of managing new tooling development, approval of technical drawings and part validation
- Fully own specifications and all technical milestones in project timelines to ensure on-time technical validations
- Understand and learning how to push Division + Operations + Vendors Adherence to key dates
- Learning and applying ability to anticipate and elevate blocking points to ensure meeting deadlines and or major launches
- Responsible for 1st component reception quality in the plant
- Learning and becoming proficient in our systems related to packaging specifications, artwork and testing
- Troubleshoot technical issues across entire supply chain
- Support and drive solutions to packaging consumer complaints and non-conformities
- Participate in the execution of sustainability initiatives
- Support in the execution of value analysis initiatives
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Develop and maintain a professional knowledge of new or emerging trends, inclusive but not limited to packaging technology
- Up to 25% travel to domestic and/or international suppliers and plants
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline
- 1-3 years of proven experience in package engineering & development desired; preferably in the cosmetics, consumer goods or related field.
- French, Portuguese, and/or Spanish Language skills are a plus
- Strong PC skills; MS Office, PowerPoint and CAD software
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicati[email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.