The Engineer, Physical Flows will be tasked to improve Safety, Quality and Productivity in the Dallas Distribution Center. This position will lead improvements through the use of continuous improvement methodologies as well the management of capital projects for innovative new technologies. This position will be responsible for coaching and developing continuous improvement capability at various levels within the facility.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and lead implementation of performance improvement projects, ensuring active participation of teams at all levels and ensuring sustainability of changes to achieve site objectives.
- Use Lean Manufacturing tools and methodologies to develop future facility layout to optimize space, work efficiency and flow through the site
- Works across the facility at all levels to implement the culture of Lean Six Sigma. Coach the organization in continuous improvement methods, and principles based on company standards. Works closely with peers at other facilities to share and align best practices.
- Identifies, scopes and implements facility capital purchases as it pertains to new technology, and innovation to support improvements in safety, quality and productivity at the facility.
- Work with the department managers to develop and implement OPI/KPIs, visual management boards and a continuous improvement meeting process that engages all employees and facilitates a continuous improvement mindset.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Expertise in Lean/Six Sigma or other continuous improvement methodologies. Certified Green Belt or higher highly desired
- Experience managing capital projects.
- Strong ability to lead and drive cultural change.
- 2+ yrs. experience in cosmetic or consumer products industry
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects of varying degrees of complexity and meet established timelines
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Power Point and Access, SAP experience a plus.
This position requires creating proposals that will influence the site managers and other cross functional partners in change management.
It also requires intermittent supervision.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.