The Process Engineer demonstrates technical leadership and provides strong support; develops technical solutions to complex problems which require innovation and creativity; leads projects outside usual scope; regularly initiates innovative procedures and makes strategic recommendations to improve processes; trains others in their area of expertise.
- Provide technical support and coordination for industrial chemistry/process operations during new product launches and restages, beginning with feasibility activities and ending with first production batch, both in-hour and at subcontractor locations
- Conduct bench and pilot batch activities for new product, restages, and existing products to gain an understanding of the product properties and formula while trouble shooting problems that arise
- Write, review, and maintain quality assurance documents and forms that provide for making the desire quality product using the correct specifications
- Conduct activities that coordinate and support the “Right First Time” quality control program
- Conduct activities that coordinate and support the efficiency improvement (Plant)
- Secure all formula information per L’Oreal’s procedures
- Observe “Good Manufacturing Practices” (GMP)
- Support plant with their non-conformance investigation
- Trains others in their area of expertise
- Adhere to L’Oreal’s CIQ procedures in area of responsibility
- Maintain appropriate records and complete necessary reports in a timely manner
- Maintain a safe, clean work environment and implement L’Oreal environmental programs
- Perform other duties as necessary or required
- Able to organize and classify hazardous waste materials for proper disposal according to advice provided by regulatory affairs on line chemical classification database and in accordance with EPA, OSHA and DOT regulations.
- Transfer of hazardous waste from satellite storage area to the primary hazardous storage area.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science /engineering
- Five years of relevant experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.