Quality Engineer | Piscataway, NJ
The Quality Engineer is responsible for the support of the Unit of Production (UP) and/or Contract Manufacturer (CM), regarding the technology transfer, control testing of packaging components, bulk, WIP, finished goods, and process improvements.
- Partner with responsible stakeholders (Production, Packaging, Development, R&I, Supplier, Contract Manufacturer) to resolve Quality issues and provide input regarding corrective actions using problem solving tools.
- Assist in continuous improvement of manufacturing operations to improve safety, quality, flow and efficiency through application of LEAN manufacturing principles.
- Part of team evaluating industrial feasibility of launches through participation in line trials.
- Responsible for writing operating procedures such as work instructions, and/or technical instructions.
- Identify and resolve quality issues that arise in process, systems, methods or procedures used to produce components, WIP, or finished goods.
- Co-ordination and investigation of customer and consumer complaints received by the plant.
- Ability to analyze data, conduct trend analysis, and drive improvement actions.
- Collaborate and share insight of Consumer’s feedback with new product launch team to make conception improvements.
- Evaluation and follow-up of supplier and contract manufacturer quality performance
- Perform routine audits within different areas of plant to ensure compliance to group quality system.
- Carrying out training on quality processes and procedures
- Coordinates implementation of quality improvement projects cross-functionally.
Educational or Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field required. Engineering discipline preferred
- 2+ years experience in a manufacturing environment, with experience related to quality improvement or laboratory operations.
- Ability to learn and apply statistical processes and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Basic math and statistics, as well as an Engineering approach to problem solving and strong training skills.
- Utilization of Quality Charts, control methods and standards (including the use of gages, instruments, personal computers and SPC tools) to determine cause and effect in quality problem solving.
- Technical report writing.
- Knowledge of Quality Manual, Quality Procedures, area work instructions, and test methods. Working knowledge of ISO and GMP requirements.
- Participate in the safety initiatives of the plant.
- Ability to travel as needed.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.