Engineer - Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ)
Position Overview: Support the goals of the department pertaining to equipment specification, acquisition and installation, work flow, and the productivity improvement process.
- Ability to independently investigate opportunities to improve the efficiency and productivity of the UP, through regular, clear, and concise communication.
- Performs analysis of processes, systems, methods and procedures.
- Proactively develops (identify, select, cost-justify, purchase, install, upgrade, modify) major capital projects for automation, expansion or cost reduction.
- Implements L’Oréal corporate Industrial Projects (KANBAN, SMED, TPM, etc.).
- Ability to proactively identify opportunities and produce cost-effective results in a timely manner, through regular status updates.
- Manage and direct engineering projects ensuring timely execution and budget control.
- Analyze, recommend and implement activities that will maximize productivity, improve flows and reduce costs within the manufacturing processes.
- Provide support, guidance and assistance to technical and production personnel.
- Ownership of projects through supervision of project activities of sub-contractors, suppliers and service personnel.
- Together with management, Processors and mechanics, actively participate and/or lead optimization projects.
Educational or Certification Requirements:
- BS in Industrial Engineering or related field is required
- 1+ years of previous experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Past project engineering experience is required.
- Strong Microsoft Office knowledge.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered. #DDIR #lusaengineering21