Based: Hammersmith, London
Duration: 54 Weeks
Start Dates: Monday 6th July 2020
Application Deadline: 22nd November 2019 however roles are filled on a rolling basis
Annual Salary: £20,000 per annum
Running a successful event is the best adrenaline rush. You need to be on the ball, able to think on your feet and respond quickly to developing situations, but there is no better feeling than seeing guests enjoying the event you have worked so hard to create. If you don’t fancy sitting at a desk nine to five, then L'Oréal’s Events Internship is a role you can throw yourself into.
Whether it’s a one-day seminar or month-long roadshow, you will be creating the human face of the L'Oréal brand. It goes without saying that you should be a strong team player with a lively personality - this is a job as much about fun as hard work.
- Assist with all organizational aspects of events such as the L’Oréal Colour Trophy and Fashion Week
- Liaise closely with top hairdressers, salons and artists, organising travel and logistics for teams, sending out call sheets, ordering collateral/branding, booking venues and ensuring contracts are in place, assisting with the running of events onsite and researching specific events and ad hoc projects and reporting back findings and presenting to senior management
- Book rooms and manage the invitee lists for trade events and ensuring employees are receiving their invitations and any other communication relating to these events.
- Raise purchase orders, recording and tracking spend to ensure all projects are run within budget.
- Update and analyze data
- Book and handle of complicated event logistics
- Send out itineraries on time & writing letters
- Strong communication and networking skills – verbal and writing
- Excellent attention to detail
- Results driven and respect for deadlines
- Strong project management skills and evidence of seeing things through to completion
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and the ability to multi-task
- A keen interest in events and the hairdressing industry
- Eligible to work in the UK
- In your second year at University on a course which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible).
At L’Oréal, we strongly believe that diversity is a source of creativity, growth and performance. By promoting the respect and value of difference through human resources development, we have established ourselves as a global corporate citizen and a preferred employer. We aim for our teams to reflect the diversity both of our consumers and our catchment areas, at all levels, particularly in terms of nationality, sexual orientation, ethnic and social origins, disability, gender and age.
Once you click apply you will be greeted by our Chat Bot Mya. Mya will ask you a few questions to check you meet our eligibility for this role. Don’t worry, she’s not testing you! She’s just checking you’re comfortable with the location, salary and you have the eligible rights to work etc.
If you are eligible to apply you will then be sent a link via email to an online assessment called Seedlink. In this we would like you to answer three questions, two written and one via video. There is no time limit on this so please don’t feel obligated to do this straight away, however, the quicker you get it finished the quicker we can continue to move you through the process! The video element of the assessment is translated into a text and scored, so please don’t worry what you look like, just worry about what you’re saying! We will then take your score, see if you meet the benchmark and if so, submit you to the final review for Assessment Centre.
We will be running Assessment Centres throughout October, November and December. These Assessment Centres are specific to function, so please be patient if you don’t get invited straight away – it might just be because your function’s Assessment Centre isn’t until December!
Please note, if you apply for more than one role you will be put forward for the one we deem most suitable for you. If you have a strong preference please only apply to that one role to ensure you are considered for the correct role.