Job Title: Executive Assistant
Division: Professional Products Division
Location: Hudson Yards, NY
Reports To: General Manager – Redken & Pureology/Mizani/L'Oreal Technique
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L’Oréal Professional Products, our mission is to support hairdressers and develop the hair industry sustainably and lead the digital transformation of our industry with a customer-centric approach. Our brands portfolio includes L’Oréal Professionnel, Kerastase, Redken, Matrix, and Pureology.
What You Will Learn:
This position is responsible for providing executive level administrative support for two General Managers and one VP of Marketing in a fast paced and team-oriented environment. Being a leading brand in the industry, we seek support from someone who is highly motivated and can multi-task expertly in a complex and high energy setting. A positive demeanor, agility and resourcefulness are additional keys to success in this exciting role. The role also supports the business on the execution of additional projects assigned by the General Manager.
- Heavy day-to-day, short-term, and long-term calendar management that involves coordination with the entire team, division, and company
- Compile reports and agendas for various key meetings
- Manage all requests to and from Corporate, Divisions/Brands, or Paris office and follow up accordingly
- Booking and coordination of travel arrangements
- Preparation of expense reports adhering to corporate policies
- Coordinate visits from executives of L’Oréal global headquarters and subsidiaries
- Draft and edit internal communications/major announcements
- External communication, correspondence, and management of mailings to top customers and teams
- Create and manage purchase orders, vendor management and other systems management
- Meeting and event preparation including catering, IT set-up and other administrative logistical support
- Plan and execute small events, activities, and celebrations for teams
- Serve as general administrative support for the office team
- Management of floor space, necessary maintenance, and office supplies
What We Are Looking For:
- Prior administrative experience in a corporate environment for at least 5 years
- Must be looking for a long-term administrative assistant position
- Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred
- Positivity, resourcefulness, teamwork, initiative, thoroughness, reliability, and resilience are key factors to success
- Must possess a high degree of professionalism and ability to handle highly confidential information
- Must possess extremely strong organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with people at all levels, both internally and externally
- Requires strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to maintain organization while effectively managing multiple tasks, multiple deadlines, and competing priorities
- Ability to learn and use judgment and discretion and complete tasks with limited or no direction
- Highly proficient in the use of office systems (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, TEAMS, Sharepoint, SAP Concur, Egencia)
- Adaptable and able to learn new systems quickly and efficiently
- Must be a proactive and forward thinker who has creative problem-solving skills
- Possess ability to work in a team environment across multiple functions
- Achieves Results with Integrity: demonstrates engagement and availability, stays proactive, focuses on results and delivers results while respecting the L’Oréal Code of Ethics.
- Interacts Effectively: communicates clearly and adapts to the audience, systematically shares information, builds effective networks, and shows a high level of sensitivity to all employees
- Acts with Human Sensitivity: demonstrates respect in all forms of communication and interaction with cross-functional and global teams. Sensitive to cultural and creative personalities.
- Manages Complexity: manages multiple projects and tasks simultaneously with a focus on prioritization and quality. Forward thinking and problem solving.
What’s In It For You:
- Salary Range: $77,100 - $108,000
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home) [*please keep only if applicable*]
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities for Career Progression (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.