Job Description Form
Section 1: General Information
Job Title: VP – National Account, Sephora
Function: Sales – Direct
FLSA status: Exempt
Supervisor Title: SVP – Sales
Location: 10 Hudson Yards, New York, NY 10001
Section 2: Job Summary:
Responsible for overall retail account management: define and plan retail and net sales goals for Lancome Sephora. Maintain strong relationships with retail partners. Achieving sales goals and ensuring corporate goals are achieved.
Section 3: Job Requirements:
1. Bachelor degree and minimum of 10 years experience in cosmetic or retail management
2. Self motivated, results oriented, creative thinker
3. Strong communication, presentation and organizational skills
4. Analytical in approach to identifying opportunities
5. Strong negotiation skills
6. Proficient computer skills necessary – Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Section 4: Judgment and Decision Making:
Strong judgement and decision-making skills are essential. Must be able to operate independently, with little supervision.
Section 5: Essential Physical Requirements:
Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds.
Section 6: Financial Scope:
Annual Budget Responsibility:
Annual Revenue Responsibility:
Section 7: Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
% of time spent.
Total should = 100%
1. Achieve retail and net goals for Sephora & SiJCP
- Establish short and long-term vision and strategic direction for Sephora and SiJCP in conjunction with senior management.
- Meet sales and profitability targets (oversee Sell-In, Sell-Thru, Marketing and Dotcom)
- Identify key product focus areas, ensure stock availability, leverage Sephora key selling periods with products, eventing, education. Sampling. Ensure that we are playing by the Sephora playbook.
- Consistently monitor shipments, changes in product availability, proactively identify OOS product risks or up ticks in demand and manage product dis/ phase outs to minimize non-productive inventory.
- Participate in weekly FVP Calls
- Regularly visit stores and attend BBR’s – support Sell Thru team with DEM, SD, and DM relationships
2. Responsible for Look, Feel and Products at Sephora
- Communicate Sephora playbook internally to guide portfolio priorities
- Work collaboratively with other senior functional heads to build a broader business strategy – support for key bets
- Influence media and promotion recommendations for the benefit of Sephora and Lancôme brand as a whole
- Oversee marketing financial process for Sephora (COGs, Fuel) to contribute to the broader P&L.
- Oversee creative for merchandising and events
- Lead 3 year planning process for Sephora panier, leveraging exclusives where applicable
- Participate and contribute to the preparation for internal senior management meetings: CDM, MRM, IMM and Pleniere.
3. Responsible for cultivating and strengthening strategic retailer relationships.
- Communicate the Lancôme brand vision and strategy.
- Analyze, plan, influence and implement mutually beneficial, shared retail plans with the account to achieve both immediate and long-term growth objectives.
- Prepare presentation decks for retailer meetings including Top to Top Meetings, Seasonal Market Meetings, Account sponsored corporate meetings and also Lancôme National Sales Meetings and Seasonal Planning Meetings.
- Weekly calls with merchant teams, In the Kitchen, Market meetings
- Understand and translate retailer strategy to Lancôme GM, SVP of Sales, SVP of Marketing, Marketing Categories and Lancôme Sales Field.
- Partner with L’Oreal resources to bring innovative ideas to Sephora senior leadership.
- Advertising, in store Visual Spend, Presentations, Cap Ex, T&E for self and direct reports.
5. Coaching and Development
- Provide ongoing assessment and feedback to team to identify strengths, natural talents and provide appropriate learning opportunities to addresses gaps in current skills and abilities.
Section 8: Required Competencies:
1. Acts/Leads with Human Sensitivity
Demonstrates respect, develops others, enriches team dynamics
2. Interacts Effectively
Listens and communicates effectively, actively networks
3. Manages Complexity
Reasons from multiple perspectives, makes decisions
4. Achieves Results with Integrity
Conveys energy, focuses on results, acts with integrity
Shows curiosity, imagines creative solutions, promotes team creativity
6. Demonstrates Entrepreneurship
Takes initiative, focuses on customers, improves business performance, develops a vision
7. Displays Sensitivity to the “Métier” of L’Oreal
Focuses on quality, builds knowledge of the beauty business, understands beauty
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.