JOB TITLE Senior Financial Analyst
DEPARTMENT: Finance - Advertisings & Promotions (A&P)
REPORTS TO: Manager - Finance, A&P
LOCATION: St. Petersburg, Florida (SalonCentric National Operations Center)
SalonCentric, a wholly owned subsidiary of L’Oréal USA, is the premiere distributor in the United States of salon professional products. Through its hundreds of stores, national field sales force and sub-distribution network, SalonCentric promotes the finest professional beauty brands and educates stylists on the latest products and trends.
SalonCentric is looking for a dynamic, highly motivated Finance Sr. Analyst to support the Advertising and Promotion side of the business. SalonCentric is a fast-paced environment with lots of opportunities to learn, advance, and be challenged to grow professionally. The position is focused on forecasting, budgeting, and managing multiple P&L line items to promote optimal decision making. Candidates must have a great sense of professionalism as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The position is expected to perform complex ad hoc analysis on a regular basis, assist in special projects, support the development of presentation materials for leadership, and continuously identify opportunities for process improvements.
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Provide Financial support and guidance to the education, shows, and marketing teams:
- Manage all education and shows tracker files for monitoring ticket sales, class attendance, and operating costs
- Collaborate with business partners to report the latest information and confirm validity
- Budgets and Forecasting:
- Manage the A&P budget files in totality for planned and actual spend
- Assist in the planning of budget and forecasting process for department(s) by preparing and analyzing various financial schedules and related reports
- Maintain inputs/outputs of actuals, trend, and budget for A&P in Compass
- Inform Financial Controller of risks & opportunities identified through budget management and ongoing meetings with business partners
- Monthly Financial Close
- Participate in the monthly Financial Close and be responsible for monthly closing journal entries, actuals reporting, and analysis of Monthly closing in financial reporting system
- Confirm all month end activity on the P&L and ensure accuracy
- Publish commentary for high level analysis of actuals
- Perform weekly financial analysis and review
- Develop financial models and reports that are flexible, accurate, and clearly present key findings and assumptions
- Create strong cross functional partnerships and provide excellent customer service
- Independently solve problems
- Meet deadlines and handle multiple objectives in a fast-paced environment
- Utilize large-scale accounting and financial systems (SAP, Analyzer, etc.
- Ad Hoc analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree required, focus in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other related field preferred.
- 3-5 years (minimum) work experience in a related field
- Professional communication skills, strong business acumen and a strong sense of urgency.
- Comfortable having difficult conversations with business partners and clearly stating business requirements. Strong soft skills are a plus.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel with ability to work with Pivot Tables and large data sets.
- Familiarity with SAP, Power BI, MS Access and MS PowerPoint desirable.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, highly proactive, ability to work with multiple teams.
- Skill set for identifying problems, risks and opportunities.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast changing environment
- Comfortable with environment of change and group decision making
- Ability to work with various levels of management throughout the organization
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks/projects
- Demonstrated leadership skills and strong interest in advancement
- Must have long-term authorization to work in the U.S.