The world leader in cosmetics, L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 32 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men globally We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by inventing the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their needs and dreams through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal supports diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005. Our brands are leaders in beauty, and we are looking for you to lead the change you want to see in L’Oréal.
Would you like to be a part of the adventure?
In this role, you will spearhead Brand Marketing initiatives to create a unique vision and strengthen brand equity at all points of sale. Maximize the impact of launches by optimizing merchandising, messaging, and overall customer communication, ensuring all language is branded and customer centric. Acquire a thorough knowledge of market and industry trends within the category you are responsible for, while keeping a pulse on the business. Translate industry knowledge into business objectives focusing on effective sales-generating opportunities via new product opportunities, pricing and relevant seasonal/ brand moments. Partner with all teams to achieve annual budget goals as they pertain to new product launches and nationwide animations, and understand customer insights to remain relevant.
- Effectively orchestrates maintenance and development of existing line for categories for which she/he is responsible.
- Prepares and implements 360 launch and promotional strategies pertaining to these categories from conception to program recap.
- Tracks market and competitive activity and provides regular feedback to Marketing team on new product and market trends.
- Manage animation calendar across all points of distribution to continue to fuel our #1 position in the category.
- Oversees price increase strategy.
Detailed job description:
Brand management 50%
- You will make recommendations for new product launch strategy, launch calendar, support calendar and adapts international positioning and concept to fit the US market and develops points of difference vis-à-vis competition.
- You will partner with Creative to provide recommendations and strategy for in-store visual merchandising in US market as it pertains to his/her animations (caseline, promo table, windows, counter collateral, focus areas, etc.).
- You will work with Brand Operations and Sales on forecasting new product launches, basic business, testers and samples.
- You will work closely with sales and sales administration groups to ensure that the marketing plan is implemented in the field, soliciting ongoing feedback for improvement.
- You will lead with the Marketing cross-functions, CRM, Social and Customer Experience team on educational and customer-facing tools to ensure marketing strategy is aligned and product positioning is consistent.
- You will prepare seasonal launch presentations for the field in order to secure door-level sales and merchandising opportunities.
- You will manage price increase recommendations for existing product lines on a semi-annual basis.
- You will visit field and occasionally help to execute events/animations as needed.
- You will develop new concepts and strategies to test from a product, animation, social, promotional and copy perspective to continue to drive the business in new and creative ways.
Market analysis 25%
- Follows competition and communicates market trends on a monthly basis.
- Identifies and evaluates competitive new product launches and promotions and gives short recap at the monthly marketing meeting.
- Maintains updated record of competitive advertising.
- Spends time in the field at points of distribution and all relevant competitors.
- Makes strategic recommendations to develop the product lines, either through new launches, extensions, reformulations or basic business support.
- Create efficiencies in processes and facilitate the internal process of input and approval of programs.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
- MBA in Marketing is a plus.
- 5+ years of marketing experience is required, skincare marketing is a plus.
- Strategic and demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) and the ability to handle multiple and diverse tasks
- Ability to work in a very hands on, entrepreneurial environment. Developing collaboration, maintaining a positive attitude, and always taking initiative and being dedicated.
- Working knowledge of industry technology and trends with ability to translate findings to positively impact the business.
- Solid understanding of return on investment analysis, metrics and program/budget forecasting.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.