Based: Trafford Park, Manchester
Duration: 6 Months
Start Dates: Jan 2020 - July 2020
Application Deadline: 22nd November 2019 however roles are filled on a rolling basis
Annual Salary: £20,000 per annum pro rata
At L’Oréal we believe our workforces and teams are the core of our business. We want to continue to bring strong innovators and decision makers to our teams, to enable us to be our best.
We are looking for a passionate and energetic individual to join our L’Oréal ASK Human Resources team for a Graduate Intern Placement. You will be required to provide a high level of customer service and support, in an innovative and fast paced HR Operations function.
You will be responsible in helping to manage all activities by assisting your line manager and team, in every aspect of HR operations. You’ll get a broad view of the company by working across all divisions and functions of L’Oréal. An internship is often the first step to a career and a future with our teams, as you will be given opportunity to get a true flavour of the world of Human Resources, with a strong focus on operational HR.
- Update our internal databases with new employee information, via red carpet and SAP system (gather payroll data e.g annual leave, working hours and bank accounts etc)
- Ensure that employee confidentiality is adhered to
- Provide timely and professional customer service
- Address employee queries (e.g holiday accrual)
- Review and distribute company policies in digital formats
- Work through the ASKHR mailbox and phone queries
- Grow our internal online communication presence (review intranet pages and support with updates)
- Support ASK HR team with project work (i.e. family leave & sickness process improvements etc)
- Diary management: Schedule and confirm family leave calls
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail
- A flexible approach to work, with an ability to multi-tasks
- Strong team player with the ability to network
- Able to work autonomously
- Proactive, with a keen eye for improved efficiency
- You may be required to travel to our other office locations during this internship.
- You must be eligible to work in the UK
- You must be completing a placement as part of your degree
- In your first or second year at University on a course which enables you to take a 6 month internship (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible).
Once your application has been submitted a member of our graduate team will be working to review it as soon as possible.
If you are eligible to apply you will then be sent a link via email to an online assessment called Seedlink. In this we would like you to answer three questions, two written and one via video. There is no time limit on this so please don’t feel obligated to do this straight away, however, the quicker you get it finished the quicker we can continue to move you through the process! The video element of the assessment is translated into a text and scored, so please don’t worry what you look like, just worry about what you’re saying! We will then take your score, see if you meet the benchmark and if so, submit you to the final review for Assessment Centre.
We will be running Assessment Centres throughout October, November and December. These Assessment Centres are specific to function, so please be patient if you don’t get invited straight away – it might just be because your function’s Assessment Centre isn’t until December!
Please note, if you apply for more than one role you will be put forward for the one we deem most suitable for you. If you have a strong preference please only apply to that one role to ensure you are considered for the correct role.