The world leader in cosmetics, L’Oréal is present in 150 countries on five continents. Our 35 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men globally. Our ambition is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by inventing the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal supports diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products, and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 78% since 2005.
The DNA of L’Oréal is Innovation and we are driven by a real passion for the future. Our Research and Innovation Centres in India are the sixth innovation hub for L’Oréal worldwide to fuel local market innovations.
The distance between beauty and tech is closing rapidly, and we are determined to be pioneers in this new beauty tech world. New digital technologies and services are making the world of beauty move faster than ever before. Data and artificial intelligence are opening new horizons for personalization and customization. By incorporating digital into everything that we do, we are creating a better relationship with our consumers.
When beauty and tech collide, the impossible can happen!
In our journey, we are looking for talented individuals who can lead us on this mission.
Are you passionate about luxury make-up and beauty? Do you have natural affinity with people and enjoy imparting new beauty knowledge? Would you like to be a part of the adventure?
We have a suitable position of Senior Manager – Direct Commerce in the CDMO function at L’Oréal India. This role will be responsible for devising and executing the D2C strategy for our selective brands.
You should have 6+ years relevant work experience preferably with Beauty, FMCG, E-Commerce industry. The location of the job will be in Mumbai - HO.
New Consumer Acquisition and making beauty products and beauty experience accessible to Indian consumers are the two business objectives that will help the company drive 3X growth in the next five years.
You will help achieve these business objectives by devising and executing the D2C strategy for our selective brands.
I. D2C strategy
• Build D2C roadmap across all our businesses in India – including building the glide path in terms of revenue and customer acquisition.
• Analyse and understand industry variables and market intel on best practices in this space.
• Collaborate with multiple teams to govern cross-functional and cross-divisional engagements devised to ensure the best acquisition, experience and performance across all e-boutiques
• Understand best practices from global team; adapt the same for India and disseminate across divisions
• Identify evaluation criteria and facilitate the assessment of partners with the brand and IT teams. Collaborate with cross-functional India and zone teams to identify the scope of work, including KPIs, SLAs and other metrics for the selected partners
II. D2C Execution
• Build scorecards with relevant KPIs and D2C capability within the organisation
• Lead the digital shelf agenda
• Track funnel and on-page engagement metrics; recommend actions for improving bounce rate, dwell time, conversion rate
• Track entry points; optimise landing pages depending on page goal; check fitment with creative
• Lead SEO (everything relevant to organic traffic from entry points to organic impression clickworthiness to landing page story and performance)
III. D2C Experience
• Analyse the consumer path to purchase & online search behaviour
• Build a shopper/ consumer snapshot basis digital indicator available from multiple data sources in the tech stack. Share recommendations that can evolve our understanding of the D2C shopper/ ANT and give actionable insights for consumer acquisition
• Identify barriers and drivers to engagement on the brand assets and enhance performance through UI/UX upgrades and overall CRO
• Implement differentiated consumer experiences such as e-consultation, on D2C in line with the overall CX strategy
• Optimise content on site to deliver best beauty experience; optimise storytelling aspects of pages.
• Build the practice of A/B testing. Build use cases with clear outcomes and impact on revenue. Build an easy to adopt approach and democratise the same with division teams
• Prior experience in D2C and e-commerce growth marketing or product management or UX
• Consumer-first orientation and sense of business
• Management of complexity
• Strong analytical skills, logical bent of mind and ability to understand, organize and analyze large datasets
• Excellent stakeholder management skills across all levels and ability to work in a cross-functional environment
• Ability to challenge assumptions with A/B tests and continuous improvement/ optimisation mindset
• Passion for beauty, above everything else
Physical Demands (e.g. % travel):
• Travel will be needed <10% to the time
• MBA / Masters
L’Oréal is committed to building a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. L’Oréal closely prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of the individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.